Five on Friday Set 124

Posted: Friday, June 01, 2012 by Travis Cody in
8


Been a busy week.  Not much time for much of anything but working and eating and sleeping. 

I don't know why, but that put me in the mood for Talking Heads.

Enjoy your weekend!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



Take Me to the River, written by Al Green/Mabon Hodges, released 1974

Psycho Killer, written by David Byrne/Chris Frantz/Tina Weymouth, released 1977

And She Was, written by David Byrne, released 1985

Burning Down the House, written by David Byrne/Chris Frantz/Jerry Harrison/Tina Weymouth, released 1983

Wild Wild Life, written by David Byrne, released 1986

If you'd like to join in, here are the guidelines:

1. Grab the banner, make your post title Five on Friday, and be sure to link back here.
2. Go to Playlist.com to make your Set of five songs. You may choose a particular theme to share with us, or post random tunes if that's your vibe for the day. You can simply post the Set, or you can add a little summary about what you are sharing.
2a. Don't feel restricted by the tracks listed on Playlist.com. And don't be discouraged if the Embed code won't work. You're welcome to use any type of media to share your Sets.
3. Be sure to sign Mr Linky so everyone can visit your Set.
4. No tags, but feel free to invite your friends to play along if they need a post topic on a Friday.


Go forth and enjoy music!

8 comments:

  1. Talking Heads is one of those groups that I like when I hear them but always forget to buy. Thanks for the reminder of the quality.

  1. Love ALL your Talking Heads choices this week, Travis!

  1. Jean(ie) says:

    Love them! That takes me back to a trip I took to Ohio State University during my college days. There was this guy on High Street(where the bars are)preaching to the college kids about sin and such. Man, at the time he was a dead ringer for David Byrne.

  1. Akelamalu says:

    I don't know any of those but from your previous playlists I imagine they're all good. :)

  1. Yeah, man. I get into that.

  1. Travis,Another great set but I have to say that Burning down the house is my pick this week.

  1. Cherie says:

    Loves me some good Talking Heads (not to be confused with those folks that appear on "news" programs). My fav has so be "And She Was". Bad news that Playlist has changed the way its site works. Back to the drawing board for me.

  1. Ivanhoe says:

    Great 80's tunes! Totally my fave decade :)
    Enjoy your weekend, Trav!