It doesn't matter that this space is dark in 2014. Today I am present for the 70th commemoration of the Allied invasion of the Normandy beaches on 6 June 1944.
- In 2008 I wrote about US Army E Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne Division
- In 2009 I wrote about the diversity of the combined Allied effort
- In 2010 I wrote about US Army 2nd Raider Battalion
- In 2011 I wrote about the British 6th Airborne Division
- In 2012 I wrote about the Omaha Beach assault by elements of 1st and 29th Divisions of US Army V Corps supported by 5th Ranger Battalion and 5th Engineer Special Brigade
- In 2013 I wrote about deception and spy craft to misdirect Germany in the weeks leading up to the invasion
To those who never came home, I thank you profoundly for the sacrifice you made.
To those who returned, may these your twilight years be filled with light and peace.
It is the nature of time that they leave us. I make the choice granted me by liberty and freedom to remember their service and sacrifice, and to honor it always.