Is this thing still on?

Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2020 by Travis Cody in
6

Hey gang, if anyone is still out there.

Do I actually know how to do this anymore? It's been awhile, but I came across something today and I just felt the need to share.

Pam and I enjoy the Sebastian St Cyr mystery series by C.S. Harris. If you've never tried it, I highly recommend it. It's best started at the beginning with What Angels Fear, since it is mostly written in chronological order. You'll get a little confused as to who is who and how they got where they are if you start otherwise than at the beginning.

What's the reason for this intrusion after so much silence? Well, we just downloaded book #15 in the series, Who Speaks for the Damned. And damned (see what I did there? hehe) if I didn't see a quote bearing the name of a much respected member of our little corner of the bloggosphere. Right there on the first page to pop up after the download, it says

Who speaks for the restless and the damned? - Charles Gramlich

Well hey golly and gee wiz gang! Sure seems like it might be the Charles Gramlich I know from blogging. Of course, there could always be another Charles Gramlich who is an excellent writer who might be mined for such an excellent quote to begin a mystery novel.

So we're healthy. We're happy. We're not in Washington State anymore. We own a beautiful townhouse. We live 3 miles from my folks, who are also both happy and healthy as of this writing. Pam sold her interest in her business and is now mostly retired. I'm still working at the same place, doing my thing from a most excellent home office.

We invited this little darling to come stay with us, and she accepted. Her name is Princess Leia Organa. She's about 7 years old, we guess because we're not entirely certain. She came to us through a friend who took ill and couldn't keep her anymore. We call her Princess, or Sweets, or Pretty Lady. She came to us in January 2018 and has been an absolute joy.



That's about it for now. Don't look for regularity in this space. Hope you are all well and weathering this virus crisis as well as you can.

TTFN

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.
  1. I'm so glad to read that Dancing Bee and His Lady are doing well...and that you have added a Princess to your family. Life sounds good. I will check out the series. Take good care of yourselves. Sending hugs to both of you.

  1. I'm glad to see you doing a Posting,Glade to have ya Back in The Land Of Blog!!!! 🙂 ❤️❤️

  1. Dear, dear Travis... How wonderful to hear from you! And how wonderful to get a recommendation for a mystery series!! Sounds like the perfect ticket to make the transition from working at home to after working from home! I rather enjoy the bit of mystery to your cat's age. I like to keep the mystery in my own age, so I get it! But, do tell what MLB team that blanket in your photo represents. I miss baseball, but here in Minnesota, there is a radio station that is airing classic games of the Minnesota Twins and Saturdays. Anyway, I noticed the blanket.
    Sending good wises to you and Pam and don't be a stranger... at least not stranger than me.
    Peace!

  1. Unknown says:

    Yep, that quote is from me. I was thrilled when Candice asked if she could use it. I'm a big fan of that mystery series as well. She's a wonderful writer. Glad that you and yours seem to be doing well. No small feat these days!

  1. Anonymous says:

    I'm glad you are happy. Unable to respond via previous method. Be well.
    Julie