The Bunny Lives

Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2006 by Travis Cody in
4

Yes, you heard that right. Fuzzy Bunny Belly will not be closing after all.

I'm so happy I could do three round offs into a front punch handspring followed by a full twisting triple somersault in lay out position with a stuck landing. There will be no juggling of leprachauns at this time.

I'm relieved in a lot of ways. Sure, we could have found another place for chat. And someone also has pointed out to me - thank you my dear Ann - that it's really not about the place, it's about the people and the bonds we've developed. Many of you have expressed similar sentiments. I glomptackle hug you all.

But I will say that I've always thought of The Bunny as OUR place. It's a Soul Patrol place. And I'm glad we don't have to find another place. Because I've come to realize how important it is to have a PLACE.

The formal announcement of the non-closing goes up on the Bunny Blog tomorrow. We'll get the closure notice removed as soon as possible.

Thanks to all who expressed their support for the site. More importantly, thanks to all who understood that it wasn't really about the place where we chatted, but about the place in our hearts where we keep each other.


A NEW DAY

Sometimes when I think the sky turns bright
Confusion fades and an end is put to a long night
Other times when I think I can only scream
I say the hell with it and just have ice cream

Ice cream is cold and chills the jumble inside
Until emotions are flushed with the outgoing tide
No longer drowning and able to float free
I bask in the glory of an unexplored sea

The sea of my mind is a fertile place
Full of whispers and songs to keep me ahead of the pace
When I let it, it serves me well
Oft I miss a connection and tilt toward hell

But hell is only for those who refuse to try
I am not such as these though at times I cry
I go forward with patience, letting my mind lead the way
Listening to what's inside and creating my own new day


OK, now comes the juggling of leprachauns.

Heehee

4 comments:

  1. Julie says:

    Your excitement about the Bunny living is wonderful! It feeds everyone who reads your blog. Thanks for keeping it going!

  1. Anonymous says:

    wooooooooooooooooooooo

    The Bunny Lives On!!!!!

    wooooooooooooooooo

  1. Anonymous says:

    Do the knee thingy! Do the knee thingy!

  1. Anonymous says:

    From the mind of Meribah:

    **tries to do the knee thingy like Trav, but can't do it nearly so good** Well, at least, I can still do THIS! **does the Dawg windup, Taylor turn, clap and lean** Aaaaye! LOL