Tuesday Tunes - Just a little jazz

Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 by Travis Cody in
13

Cause it's just that kind of day...


There are so many great pieces from Dave Brubeck, but I always come back to this one.


Take Five
By Dave Brubeck
BestAudioCodes.com


Big Band Swing baby! When you hear those first notes, you smile and start tapping your feet. And yes, I can swing when my knees aren't creaky.


In the Mood
By Glenn Miller
BestAudioCodes.com


No commentary needed here.


Bye Bye Blackbird
By Miles Davis
BestAudioCodes.com


Press play, sit back, close your eyes.


All Or Nothing At All
By John Coltrane
BestAudioCodes.com


I had a discussion with my stepdad once about great guitar players. He has an appreciation for Clapton and Stevie Ray and Santana and Duane. But at one point he looked at me sideways, and then he played Wes Montgomery.


Butterfly
By Wes Montgomery
BestAudioCodes.com

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your music selection. I like the tunes, very jazzy as promised. Reminds me of when I was younger. My best friend would have a few of these songs going as she drew.

    Flash Backs are grand sometimes.

  1. Piacere says:

    Excellent choices, Trav. Loved each and every one of them, and while I hadn't heard of Wes Montgomery, I'm sure glad I did!! Thanks!!

    P.S. B. B. King regards Eric Clapton as one of the finest guitarists ever...can you imagine that, coming from B. B. King????? WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

  1. Schmoop says:

    Take Five is one of my favorites. If you can, try to find "MacArthur Park"...Stan Kenton's version. You'd like it. Cheers!!

  1. Liz Hill says:

    Take Five--I LOVE that

    MMMMMMMMM on all of the choices Trav

    Very mellow now.

    Smooch

  1. tiggerprr says:

    Take Five always reminds me of the "Stage Band" at Yokota High School in Japan. Isn't it interesting how one piece of music can bring back memories? I wasn't even IN stage band yet I think of them. LOL

  1. I remember when I first heard "Take Five." I was a teen then, narrow minded, exposed mostly to popular rock n roll. Then I heard Brubeck. I was like the Frankenstein monster, blundering about the house, turning my face to the music, making inhuman sounds of delight.

    It's funny how our musical taste changes. I have a hard drive of all manner of musical expression. Even country. And for me, that was an enormous bias to overcome.

    The only thing I WONT listen to is rap.

  1. Julie says:

    Hmm some great choices Travis!

    Thanks!

  1. Christina: My mom used to play a lot of jazz, so it brings back a lot of great memories.

    Pia: Hi darlin!! Check out more of Wes if you get a chance. His music is simply wonderful.

    Matt: I'll look for that version. Thanks for the recommendation!

    Turn: I like all kinds of jazz, but the mellow stuff is my favorite.

    Tiggerprr: I just love music - gotta have it all the time!

    Stewart: I know the feeling. I've hear Brubeck all my life - one of my mom's favorites.

    Julie: Glad you enjoyed it babe!

  1. Unknown says:

    :turns off the tv and turns on the music:

  1. Brilliant music my friend...

    Every one of those is a work of art


    But... humm should I ask??? where is Boyzone?

    Sorry.. really... hehehehe

  1. Hey, my husband muted the hockey game to listen to Take Five and In the Mood :)

  1. Dana: Yes darlin! Music over TV!

    Crazy: Yeah baby!

    Vinny: Taunting me eh? Well...perhaps a special Tunes for next week. Hehe.

    Heather: Wow! Jazz over hockey...color me...uhm...well...gosh I'm speechless!