Words on Wednesday

Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 by Travis Cody in
21

Exultant - That's what I felt at 08:00 Tuesday when it looked like my 10-12 hour days were about to pay off and I was going to be finished on schedule.

Disbelief - That's what I felt at 08:30 Tuesday when they brought me 17 invoices that a vendor had just submitted and had to be posted for end of year. WTF?? Now I get them? Some were dated 6 months ago for cripes sake!

Irritation - That's what I felt at 09:00 Tuesday going through the process of posting the dang invoices with people bugging me every 10 minutes wondering when I would be finished. It's a three step process and it takes as long as it takes. Now go away.

Flabbergasted - That's what I felt at 11:40 when the invoices were finally posted after four different interruptions. I was three hours behind schedule.

Can I punt now? No! Gotta go for it on 4th and 27. There's no play for 4th and 27.

Hungry dammit - Lemme just run the frigging utility and get something to eat. It takes 45 minutes and I can't do anything else while it's running. I'm getting food.

Bite me. No I didn't say it, but I did think it.

Focused - Ahhhhh. That's what I felt at 12:50 after two double decker tacos and grilled steak taquitos from the Bell. Now time to really get down to reconciling.

Grrrrrr - Why won't the feakin' report run???? Fix the *$%$()(&($## system!!!

Sigh - Why did I think it would tie out?

Blush - My bad...forgot to post something.

NO!!!!! Don't delete that one!!! Delete THAT one and post THAT one!! Yeesh.

Done - Well, at least done with reconciling. Now I get to catch up on the orders that have been piling up, and the reports that need to be summarized, and the prep for audit.

Tired - I'm off to ZZZZZZ-ville.

Hell week extended.

21 comments:

  1. Piacere says:

    It's never-ending, isn't it??? If I wrote down my emotions during the day, I don't think I could find enough bad words to go around...I'd have to start using Italian ones!!!

    I wish you peace and tranquility, VERY SOON!!!

  1. Mags says:

    Indeed, those were LOTS of words on Wednesday...

    Hope today is better!

  1. ivoices, did i forget to send in my invoices? ok, give me the email again, I'll get them scanned and sent.

  1. Julie says:

    Yikes...that WAS a piss-poor day wasn't it?

    Hugs and hopes that today will be better schweeetie!!

  1. Jay says:

    It's ironic that coworkers are often the very thing that prevent us from getting our work done. Instead of coworkers, they should be call noworkers.

  1. Maryfly says:

    oh Trav, you poor thing! It was a great read though. Sorry to laugh but it was quite funny. Hang in there sweetie.

    hugs!

  1. ah yes...aren't closings a joy?

    (hope you have a party planned for when its all done!)

  1. Barb says:

    Awww.. so sorry you had such a bad day!

  1. Schmoop says:

    Hang in there Trav. Be strong, be courageous, be...oh forget it. Just have a couple of drinks when it's finally over. Cheers!!

  1. Ah, yes, I remember month-end and year-end closings from my days in Financial Planning and Reporting at Honeywell - ick, ick, ICK. Don't envy you AT ALL.

    Hope hell ends soon, my friend. LOTS of hoops to be enjoyed!

  1. Anndi says:

    Just remember... no climbing over the desk to reach the guy in the cubicle in front of you... seriously...

    Get some rest bro... glad I managed to make you smile sweetie.. OMG.. gotta go start planning the luggage... smooch!

  1. Anonymous says:

    umph that sounds like a hecka day. Take care:)

  1. BeckEye says:

    Flabbergasted. What a great word.

  1. I sympathize... Hope it's over soon :)

  1. Tisha! says:

    I'd bite you BUT you'd probably enjoy it too much! ^.^

  1. Excellent view of your day Trav....
    Loved the Bell run...

  1. Wow, I feel for you man. Hope things get better at work soon.

  1. Whoa! What a day! So sorry you had a tough day, it always seems when we are close to done more work is piled on.

    But I have to say, angry you is sexy! :P

  1. Poor you...the taco bell sounds like the best part of your day! :)

  1. Janna says:

    Wow, what a mess!
    Hopefully things will get better soon.
    Breathe deep and inhale the Taco Bell. Inhale... Exhale...

    Good luck with it all.

    P.S. I finally updated my link list-- and you're there now. :)

  1. Sounds like a LONNNNNG day... hope you are finished soon :)