Rockin' Boy!!

Posted: Friday, June 29, 2007 by Travis Cody in
15


Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! My bro Vinnie doesn't have to dress in heels and teddies anymore!!

Dudes! We got our own Rockin' Boy Blogger thingy.

Katherine at Wading Through My Stream of Consciousness got this most excellent badge from Jessica the Rock Chick and I'm spreading the love for my Blogging Brothers.

This is what Katherine wrote about me and my place:

Travis the Thoughtful Wolf. His blog is filled with entertaining writing and humorous insights. Sadly he is far too proud of being a member of the Raider Nation. His Thursday Thirteen has been an eclectic list of authors and their books from his library stacks. Definitely worth the time to go back and read thru some of his previous offerings.


I'm jazzed about this, so I'll let the comment about Raider Nation slide for now.

OK fellas...come and collect your Rockin' Boy Blogger badge!

Bond's Big Leather Couch was one of the first blogs I ever read, and is a main reason why I blog. Vinny is a rockin' blogger not only because of his vast music knowledge and his ability to always select the right music for each post, but also because there is room on the couch for different points of view. Plus we share a healthy respect for the way a sexy pair of shoes enhances a pretty feminine foot.

If you're looking for laugh-out-loud funny, check out Bagwine Ruminations on Friday. Matt's Streaming Friday will have tears of hilarity running down your face. But Matt isn't only about the funny. His political commentary is scathing. He is a terrific father and a cat lover. And one of the real joys is reading through the comments. It's either a running discussion or a series of one-liner jibes tossed around by Matt and his regular readers. Bada bing!

John at Altjiranga Mitjina is a man of many interests and he blogs about all of them. He has regular trivia features for books and music. He's a comic book fanatic. He shares his concert experiences, and often introduces us to Louisiana artists we might not otherwise hear nationally. He's a terrific writer who has actually made money at it. And he writes a column for Top Blog Mag.

For a taste of New York, cruise by Get Your Blog On. Steven is eating his way through the city. He had me drooling over a place called S'Mac - it's a mac & cheese restaurant!! Steven also shares his unique perspective on life in the city, from apartments with no window coverings to walking along a sidewalk that doubles as a...well...as a dog's commode.

I have to second Katherine's nomination of Morgen as a Rockin' Boy Blogger. The Mo Show debuted this past Tuesday on Blog Talk Radio and it's a hit with me! Mo is also the founder of Manic Monday. Every Friday - oh that's today! - you can cruise by It's A Blog Eat Blog World to get the theme word and then create a post around it. This meme feature has been the impetus for some of my writing. I definitely consider myself a FOMo (Friend of Morgen) and I'm waiting for the creation of a FOMo badge!

So those are just a few of the fine gentlemen who I consider to be Rockin' Boy Bloggers.

Rock on fellas and spread the man love!!

15 comments:

  1. Schmoop says:

    Thanks alot Travis, nice words indeed. The admiration is quite mutual dude. Cheers!!

  1. thanks brother...Mo also hit me with it..it is up on THE COUCH

  1. Unknown says:

    If I live through tonight, I'm going to steal this!

  1. Geez oh peez - can't a girl have anything without you guys stealing it away?

    Sheesh...

    Seriously, you DO rock, Trav. And so do your choices - I happen to read four of those five, so I would agree.

  1. Neila says:

    Yay!! I'm surrounded by rockin' boys! All you rockin' guys will have to take us rockin' girls to prom! ;-)

    Congrats Travis. You do ROCK!! And what a great list of guys you chose!!

    Now, I am going to head over to Jessica, the Rock Chick's blog. She hasn't visited my blog since I told her The Rock Chick is a vibrator I sell. :-)

  1. Angell says:

    WOO Trav - WTG on the RBB. :D

    I'll be visiting the ones mentioned that aren't already on my route.

    HUGS to ya hon. You deserve it.

  1. Julie says:

    Hugs to the RBB!!! Great picks too!

  1. Unknown says:

    Rock on, Mr Thoughtful Wolf! Well deserved =)

    Excellent choices, too. The guys are in great company!

  1. Unknown says:

    Oh...

    @ Desert Songbird: I know ONE thing we´ll never have to share... ;)
    I hope. Begins with a T, am in the middle, ending with pon.

  1. I keep adding these tags to my reader....I need more blog surfing time....rock on.

  1. Matt: You are quite welcome Sir.

    V: You are most deserving of two tags on this one.

    Dana: Psssst...it's not stealing if you tell everyone you're gonna do it.

    Songird: Bbbbbbut I didn't make it up!!

    Neila: I should scoot over to Rock Chick and give her some thanks.

    Angell: Right back atcha darlin!

    Julie: Big Hugs!!

    Sanni: Thank you sweety!

    Katherine: Me too!

  1. Gail says:

    You are a rocker!! and I love you to pieces

  1. Wow....thanks a lot! For once I'm speechless...

  1. But but but.....I like Bond in drag!

  1. Keep on Rockin'! Great to feel caught up doesn't it? Hopefully I will feel that way soon - LC