Thursday 13

Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2007 by Travis Cody in
20

Happy summer! Today is the summer solstice, marking the first day of summer. And we're due to get rain. LOL!

Last night was So You Think You Can Dance top 18 dancers. I ended up watching by myself because Pam is out of town this week. I'll just give you the names of our favorites so far - Lacy, Jesse, Pasha, Danny, Jimmy. Reviews are coming soon - but not until the fan vote is the only vote that counts.

So, would you like another list of 13 authors from the stacks? Too bad if you don't, because you're getting one. Heehee!!

Click here if you want to review the last couple of lists.

1. Philip K. Dick - The Man in the High Castle
2. E.L. Doctorow - Ragtime, Billy Bathgate
3. Stephen R. Donaldson - The Chronicals of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, The Second Chronicals of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
4. Robert J. Donovan - The Assassins
5. Alexandre Dumas - The Three Musketeers and Twenty Years After in one volume
6. Umberto Eco - Foucalt's Pendulum
7. David Eddings (with Leigh Eddings) - The Belgariad, The Mallorean, Belgarath the Sorcerer, Polgara the Sorceress, The Rivan Codex, The Elenium, The Redemption of Althalas, The Dreamers
8. Harlan Ellison - The Essential Ellison
9. P.N. Elrod - Jack Fletcher mysteries
10. Rose Estes - Elfwood
11. Jennifer Fallon - The Second Son Trilogy
12. David Farland - The Runelords series
13. John Feinstein - Season on the Brink, Forever's Team, A Season Inside

OK. Now I have to try and stay awake for Junk Brothers. Hopefully Pam will call soon and we can "watch" together.

Later babies!

20 comments:

  1. Yeah...what rodrigo said.

    LOL.

    Happy first day of summer!!!!

  1. Julie says:

    Huh? That's not French is it?

    Aww crap! I missed Junk Brothers...geez such a short attention span! What was I doing at 11pm last night?

  1. hey! that rodrigo guy was at the meloncutter's too! melon thought he was a terrorist but i had another idea. ha ha

    you sure have lots of books honey! how much cake do you have? just askin'...

    smiles, bee

  1. Every time I come here you give me such wonderful new authors to check out!!! Thanks again for a great list! LC

  1. Barb says:

    I missed the show AGAIN! UGH.

    I have both those Doctorow books on my shelves.

  1. I'm laughing at Mags' comment about rodrigo.
    I'd like to look into that Rune series, haven't heard of that one before.
    Thanks for sharing your list from the Trav stacks!

  1. okay...I've only read one of these.

  1. Sorry Rodrigo, I don't understand.

    Mags: Right back atcha darlin!

    Julie: I fell asleep on Junk Brothers!

    Bee: Alas, there is no CAKE today.

    Lara: I hope you find something you enjoy!

    Skittles: I enjoyed BB but didn't care for Ragtime as much.

    Mo: I enjoyed Runelords - there are 4 books in the series.

    Katherine: We have one thing in common then!

  1. Liz Hill says:

    If you posted it I missed it and I am sorry--Philip K. Dick's "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep" is a personal fave.

  1. Danielle says:

    Sooo many books. Sooo little time.

    As always Trav wishing you well.

  1. Sandee says:

    Not participating Travis, but I came over here to see if you had posted the meme that Mo tagged you with. I think it was Mo. Anyway, I just wanted to see your answers. Have a great day Travis. :)

  1. Sandee says:

    Travis, it wasn't Mo that tagged you it was Steven over at Get Your Blog On! Just wanted to clear that up. :)

  1. Julie says:

    Hey Comedy....it was a tag from Get Your Blog on Steven about sleep habits! Woooo!!

    Yup I'm not leaving till I read THAT one!

    **snuggles up with Mr. Tucker and waits**

  1. Julie says:

    Well Comedy....we typed that at the same time now didn't we?

  1. Sandee says:

    Hey Travis...If you want to buy T-shirts go visit Rodrigo. He isn't a terrorist...

  1. Turn: I didn't - I only have the one PKD book that I listed. I bought it for a class years ago and didn't really like it too much.

    Danielle: You said it.

    Comedy: I'll check out the tag and maybe post it tomorrow. Thanks for the heads-up.

    Julie: Oh cool - thanks Julie.

  1. NOLADawn says:

    Oh yeah, I Tivo the junk brothers, but more because they're hot than anything LOL

  1. Unknown says:

    I'm sorry, I haven't been leaving comments (but you get so many anyway...)...but I am really enjoying your books! I'm going to have to list all of mine one day!

  1. Good grief - I only know three of those authors. I guess I'd better get with it!
    ~~~Blessings~~~