Thirteen reasons to participate in Blog Blast for Peace on Nov 7.
1. No need to stress over a topic on Nov 7 - you have a ready made post.
2. Nov 7 is a Wednesday. If you participate in Wordless Wednesday, you can post your Peace Globe.
3. You don't need to be creative with your Peace Globe. Sanni from Coffee 2 Go will customize it for you. Click here to find out how.
4. Mimi from Mimi Writes, the originator of the Peace Globe movement, has a blog called Dona Nobis Pacem ~ The Peace Globe Posts where she is collecting all of the peace posts. You can be a part of that blog by posting a Peace Globe and writing about peace on Nov 7.
5. You can get a cool T-Shirt graphic for your side bar just by getting a blank Peace Globe, signing it, and sending it to Mimi. Click here to find out how.
6. Peace is a process and it has to start with people. If you're a people, then it's only logical that you should post about peace on Nov 7.
7. "Seventy million blogs, seventy million possibilities, one globe", Akelamalu.
8. There should be a Mr Linky box to sign at Bloggingham Palace. After you post your Peace Globe on Nov 7, you get to cruise around and see all the other wonderful Peace Globes and read so many thoughtful words from all over the bloggosphere.
9. A Peace Globe is quite fashionable and makes quite the statement as a permanent addition to your side bar.
10. There's no limit to how many Peace Globes you can make. You can make one for every member of your family. You can make them for your pets. You can make some and send them to your friends. In fact, Peace Globes are now on MySpace. Post yours on your MySpace page or your Face Book page.
11. The bloggosphere is one huge community, made up of so many smaller ones. You might be a part of several little groups - Mommy Blogs, Cat Blogs, Humor Blogs, Tech Blogs, etc. On Blog Blast for Peace Day, all of these smaller communities come together as a Peace Community. Be part of it.
12. Your Peace Globe will be added to the ever growing slide show.
13. Quoting from Ms Mimi herself...
So why is the Peace Globe effort more than a trite comment on a simple graphic? Why does it inspire me? Because you've placed your entire creative presence and being onto the face of a world I live in too. And suddenly, we are all the same.
I think most of my readers...my friends...members of my small blogging community...participate in Dona Nobis Pacem. In fact, it was through my blogging pals that I first stumbled upon Peace Globes as an infant blogger nearly a year ago.
But if you're new here and this is the first time you've heard about Peace Globes, then click on over to Mimi's and read about the history of this phenomenon. It's not a fad. It's an investment by bloggers...a pact we have to be the change we want to see.
Won't you join us on Nov 7?