Thursday 13 - Dona Nobis Pacem

Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2007 by Travis Cody in
17

Thirteen reasons to participate in Blog Blast for Peace on Nov 7.

1. No need to stress over a topic on Nov 7 - you have a ready made post.

2. Nov 7 is a Wednesday. If you participate in Wordless Wednesday, you can post your Peace Globe.

3. You don't need to be creative with your Peace Globe. Sanni from Coffee 2 Go will customize it for you. Click here to find out how.

4. Mimi from Mimi Writes, the originator of the Peace Globe movement, has a blog called Dona Nobis Pacem ~ The Peace Globe Posts where she is collecting all of the peace posts. You can be a part of that blog by posting a Peace Globe and writing about peace on Nov 7.

5. You can get a cool T-Shirt graphic for your side bar just by getting a blank Peace Globe, signing it, and sending it to Mimi. Click here to find out how.

6. Peace is a process and it has to start with people. If you're a people, then it's only logical that you should post about peace on Nov 7.

7. "Seventy million blogs, seventy million possibilities, one globe", Akelamalu.

8. There should be a Mr Linky box to sign at Bloggingham Palace. After you post your Peace Globe on Nov 7, you get to cruise around and see all the other wonderful Peace Globes and read so many thoughtful words from all over the bloggosphere.

9. A Peace Globe is quite fashionable and makes quite the statement as a permanent addition to your side bar.

10. There's no limit to how many Peace Globes you can make. You can make one for every member of your family. You can make them for your pets. You can make some and send them to your friends. In fact, Peace Globes are now on MySpace. Post yours on your MySpace page or your Face Book page.

11. The bloggosphere is one huge community, made up of so many smaller ones. You might be a part of several little groups - Mommy Blogs, Cat Blogs, Humor Blogs, Tech Blogs, etc. On Blog Blast for Peace Day, all of these smaller communities come together as a Peace Community. Be part of it.

12. Your Peace Globe will be added to the ever growing slide show.

13. Quoting from Ms Mimi herself...

So why is the Peace Globe effort more than a trite comment on a simple graphic? Why does it inspire me? Because you've placed your entire creative presence and being onto the face of a world I live in too. And suddenly, we are all the same.


I think most of my readers...my friends...members of my small blogging community...participate in Dona Nobis Pacem. In fact, it was through my blogging pals that I first stumbled upon Peace Globes as an infant blogger nearly a year ago.

But if you're new here and this is the first time you've heard about Peace Globes, then click on over to Mimi's and read about the history of this phenomenon. It's not a fad. It's an investment by bloggers...a pact we have to be the change we want to see.

Won't you join us on Nov 7?

17 comments:

  1. What a great idea for TT!!! I've been playing around with my globe but time's getting away from me. I'd better hurry up!

  1. PERFECT!

    You are the best!

  1. I was going to say "PERFECT" then saw that 'bond' already said it! Thanks for stopping by my place and for the recap. I was biting my nails over Ms. Jane! See you later Mr. Blogger - Have a great day!

  1. Schmoop says:

    Another good reason to participate is that Peace Globes look like boobs, and I like boobs. Cheers!!

  1. I'm definitely joining this one... :) Personally, I liked the way you incorporated this into TT

  1. I had not heard of this before but will check it out. Seems like a good idea.

  1. Liz Hill says:

    Awesome sweetie but then again you always rawk.

    I am gonna perpetuate this idea next week ;-)

  1. Sandee says:

    I'll be there Travis. Excellent post. Have a great TT. :)

  1. Gracie: I need to hurry too. I want to decorate one this time around, but I'm not very good at it. Might be time to call the ever wonderful Sanni!

    V: Awwww shucks. Thanks!

    Lara: I think Ms Jane is safe for the long run.

    Matt: LOL!

    Terra: It seemed the thing to do.

    Charles: It's worth doing.

    Turn: Cool!

    Sandee: Good deal!

  1. Linda says:

    I don't do the Thursday Thirteen but that was a great job! I still need to get my globe done but it shall be eventually once I get the resident artist to get off the stick and hop to it!

  1. I haven't checked out the peace globe stuff yet--but it sounds like a *wonderful* opportunity. Happy TT!

  1. Travis - Just WOW. You're the best. I particularly love #12 about bringing the smaller blogging communities together as one. I love the fact that we also cross political lines and manage to visit and encourage and support when we might not agree on the politics. The dialogue is what blogging is all about. The larger peace picture will not be accomplished without it.

    This project is turning out to be - and really it has been from the first magical night - a story within a story within many stories across the blogosphere.

    Thank you for sharing and supporting. Just that it has brought so many people together is rewarding to me.

    Peace and love,
    Mimi

  1. ooops....I meant #11.

  1. I've been putting it off too....gotta get on it.

  1. Linda: It's coming up fast!

    Joely: Participation comes with a free warm fuzzy for your heart.

    Mimi: I could fill another 13 with some of the stuff you just wrote in your comment.

    Katherine: Yup!

  1. Mine is ready to go =) Great TT subject =)

  1. Julie says:

    Aww Travis! You are the best! You always know just what to say to get people excited!

    Yeah...I'm excited....tee hee hee!

    **runs of giggling**