NFL Sunday

Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 by Travis Cody in
13



We interrupt this vacation to bring you our regularly scheduled NFL Sunday.

My Raiders host the Colts today. Bad news for Oakland as Indy can clinch the AFC South with a win. With only three games left, it's time to see Raider rookie QB JeMarcus Russell. I wasn't happy with the kid when he held out of training camp. And it would be nice if he could contine to sit and learn from an established veteran. But he's the guy next season and we might as well start seeing what we're paying for. Still no Marvin Harrison for the Colts. It's doubtful whether he makes it back this season, but there's no point in bringing him back now. If three more weeks of rehab gets him back for the playoffs, then that's the thing to do.

Marvin Lewis is 40-38 as head coach of the Bengals. He's taken them to one playoff game and lost it. I don't know much about what has gone wrong in Cincinnati, but I do know that they have some talented offensive players on that team. Is it time for Lewis to move on? I don't know. On Saturday he lost to a SF team that is dead last in almost every offensive category this season. The 49ers QB was a guy who had never started an NFL game. In fact, Shaun Hill has only appeard in 4 games in his 6 NFL seasons. These are two teams that had high expectations at the start of the season, and nothing has gone well for either one.

After all the wringing of hands in the Emerald City, the Seahawks will host a playoff game as winners of the NFC West. Seattle is still alive mathematically for a first round bye, but it's most likely that they will play on Wild Card weekend. The Seahawks have won five in a row and have one of the easier schedules over the last three weeks of the season. Today they are at Carolina, then they host Baltimore, and then they finish up in Atlanta.

I had my best result last week at 14-2, bringing me to 137-71 for the season. That's back up to 66%. Well, it's 65.87%. I'm already 1-1 for week 15.

Texans over Broncos - got this one
Bengals over 49ers - dangit
Titans over Chiefs
Dolphins over Ravens - yeah yeah, but I think the Ravens have already gone fishing
Patriots over Jets
Browns over Bills
Seahawks over Panthers
Saints over Cardinals
Bucs over Falcons
Packers over Rams
Steelers over Jaguars
Colts over Raiders
Chargers over Lions
Cowboys over Eagles
Giants over Redskins
Vikings over Bears

Some of these east coast games may be played in snow. I never played in snow so I don't know how much fun that is for the players. But I always love to watch a snow game.

Oh...in college football news, the "lesser football championship subdivision" programs are deciding national championships on the field after real playoff tournaments.

Division 1-AA: Appalachian State beat Delaware for it's 3rd straight championship
Division II: Valdosta State beat NW Missouri St
Division III: Wisconsin-Whitewater upset Mount Union - I point this out because MU had won 2 championships in a row and had a 37 game winning streak coming into the game.

Don't forget Turnbaby Talks tonight at 8pm EST on Blog Talk Radio.



Later babies!

13 comments:

  1. You know, I had that same thought about the Miami/Baltimore game. The way the Ravens looked last week against the Colts? I think the 'fins could get their first one this week.

    Anything's possible.

  1. Shelby says:

    Hubby thinks the Colts are in..

  1. Schmoop says:

    Miami will remain winless until they play the Bengals. Cheers Travis!!

  1. Jeff B says:

    49er WIN!!!

    I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to say that again this year, but low and behold they did it.

    I'm not sure if Shaun Hill's game was really on or if the Bengals pass rush was that bad. I suppose it was a combination. One thing's for sure the inevitable QB controversary is sure to begin now. Why is it that everytime a replacement QB has a good game all the sports writters start this?

    Travis, guess what you won't be doing on Monday? Going to work! Happy vacation.

  1. I played in snow a couple of times in high school. It was miserable. My feet were so cold I thought they would break off.

  1. Shoot. I forgot about my football today.

  1. happy vacation trav! don't read my manic monday...

    smiles, bee

  1. RW says:

    Hope your enjoying your vaction Travis as you know this broke ass State I live in has no pro football team so I gotta go with the Seahawks.

  1. I didn't hear Turn's show AGAIN.
    Argh.

  1. Songbird: I guess we were both right on this one.

    Shelby: I still think a healthy Indy is a match for NE.

    Matt: They got it done today.

    Jeff: Woooo! No work and a 49er win. That's my kind of day.

    Charles: They didn't televise any of the snow games up my way.

    Kyra: I'm sure you had other things on your mind.

    Bee: Don't read your MM????

  1. Yup, we called that Miami game, huh? Good for them.

    And the way my Colts keep finding a way to win, even missing all their starters? Watch out come January. The Pats can have their unbeaten regular season, as long as my Colts win another Super Bowl.

    Oh, and I know you're not a Favre fan, but I still say the most fun Super Bowl to watch would be a Packers/Colts game. Wow!

  1. dangit?

    Hill shoulda started earlier...

  1. Roger: They sure stunk it up Sunday. I say pick somebody else, but don't tell my Lady I said it.

    Mimi: I gotta check out the archive.

    Songbird: I was really pleased at how competitive my Raiders were. It's a good sign for next year.

    Katherine: Oh...dangit because I picked Cincy to win. Stoopid me.