Message in a bottle

Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008 by Travis Cody in
20


I saw that I had been tagged at least three times for the message in a bottle meme, by Mimi Queen of Memes, Mary The Teach at Work of the Poet, and Sandee from Comedy Plus.

Mimi created the meme and it works like this:

You are about to send a virtual Message In a Bottle across the Blog Ocean.
Leave a message in the sand or on the bottle. Write anything you wish. Be a pirate or a poet. Serious or silly. Anonymous or not.

What message would you like to send out to the universe?

Message In A Bottle Meme

1. Compose a message to place in your virtual bottle

2. Right click and SAVE the blank graphic below




3. Use a graphics program of your choice to place the message on the picture

4. Post the Message In a Bottle meme and your creation on your blog along with these rules

5. Tag a minimum of 5 bloggers - or your entire blogroll - to do the same. Notify them of the tag.


Once you've done your message, post it to your site and then click here to go over to Mimi's and let her know you've done it so she can add you to the MIAB blog roll.

Uhm...do you think Mimi will throw me in the dundgeon for calling it MIAB?

You can also view other participants at the Message In a Bottle site.

What?

OH! Here's mine...



Everybody in my links is tagged. You may play or not as you choose. And if you were previously tagged by a mutual blogging buddy, then YAY for your double tag!

There are a few blogs on my daily travels that I haven't had a chance to add to my links yet. Since I hate to leave anyone out, I also tag Cincy Diva from Diva's Never Die, Akelamalu from Everything and Nothing, Lois from Lowdown from Lois, and Lana from The Dreaming Tree. I should get y'all linked up soon.

20 comments:

  1. RW says:

    Great message Travis! I been tagged by a few people to do this meme & will get it done on tomorrow evenings post.

  1. Schmoop says:

    I would do that Travis, but it's pretty damn cold here right now. Cheers!!

  1. Sandee says:

    Thanks for playing along and I so love your message Travis. You are just all that. Have a great day. :)

  1. Akelamalu says:

    Love yours! I got tagged by Mimi and just posted, but thanks for thinking of me :)

  1. TopChamp says:

    I'll follow the bottle instructions as soon as the moon breaks through the rainclouds x

  1. Cool. :) Will work on my post this evening.

  1. Linda says:

    An excellent message to wash ashore!

  1. Oh my goodness. Bottles, bottles everywhere. Great message and I'll have to do one tomorrow.

  1. Roger: I figured my "tag all" approach would double up some folks, but I didn't want to miss anyone.

    Matt: Don't take time away from your meatless Presidential campaign!

    Sandee: This is another of my favorites, right behind the band meme.

    Akelamalu: Looking forward to yours!

    TC: I'll wait with a worm on my tongue (baited breath).

    Lana: Excellent!

    Songbird: Pretty easy to follow too.

    Linda: I thought so too!

    Jamie: We should make a bottle pyramid.

  1. I'll do that ONCE my hubby stop stepping on my toes!! :)

  1. Jeff B says:

    I have to work on this too. Great message. I'll be back tomorrow to read your story. I'm trying to play catch-up.

  1. Oh, this is nice... I'll do it this weekend (I hope!)

  1. Great Travis! What a nice saying! Light, airy, fun! Great job!

  1. I was going to participate in this meme today, but Mimi's page about it just crashes all the time, so I'm out. Thanks anyway!

  1. Unknown says:

    That´s such a beautiful message, Trav!

    Thank you! I threw my bottle into the bloggy ocean, too ;)

  1. Napaboaniya: Awwwww...you can both learn the proper holds so that doesn't happen anymore. Ballroom class is fun!

    Jeff: Take your time on the catching up.

    Terra: Cool!

    Teach: Thank you dear!

    Lana: I have that problem with Mimi's page too sometimes.

    Sanni: Thanks darlin!

  1. Anonymous says:

    Great job on this one, Trav! :)

  1. Julie says:

    Hmmmm I guess this is the one that Mimi tagged me on. Since you're no longer in the dungeon I suppose I should come out too.

  1. Mimi says:

    Your message bottle is now afloat in the vast blogosphere ocean. You are Message In a Bottle #35.
    Feel free to toss in a bottle whenever you feel the urge to send a message. The blog ocean is always open. You never know what might wash ashore.
    Message In a Bottle #35