Dodgers 7, Cubs 2

Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2008 by Travis Cody in
12



I'm rooting hard for my Dodgers, but I also have reasonable expectations. Before the first pitch last night, all I was looking for was at least one win. So imagine my delight with Dem Bums.

Derek Lowe gave up 2 early runs and then kept the Dodgers in it until LA loaded the bases for James Loney in the top of the 5th on 3 walks from Cubs pitcher Ryan Dempster. Loney got behind 0-2, and then hit a grand slam on a 1-2 pitch to put the Dodgers up 4-2. LA added 3 more runs to take a 1-0 lead in the Division Series over the favored Cubs.

Photo credit Jerry Lai/US Presswire

Game 2 is tonight in Chicago. I need to get a bunch of studying done and then maybe I can watch a bit more.

Later gang!

12 comments:

  1. Baseball.

    I don't get it.

  1. Turnbaby says:

    Congrats!

    Brad was GIDDY about the Red Sox win.

    What about the Raiders' mess?

  1. Akelamalu says:

    Studying first, game later!! :)

  1. Bond says:

    I love that you do not mention his name...LOL



    GO ANGELS!

  1. Jamie says:

    They scared me in the first couple of innings, but then my Dodgies did it again. Now we need straight wins, suspense is not a virtue.

  1. Well, you said that you were hoping the Dodgers would win a game. Everything else should be icing, right? *wink*

  1. Travis says:

    Lois: It's going very well, thanks!

    Starr: Throw the ball, hit the ball, catch the ball.

    Turn: If we can get out of Chicago with a split, I'll be a satisfied man. As for the Raiders, it is what it is.

    Akelamalu: Yes Ma'am!

    V: And I never will!

    Jamie: I didn't see much of it, but it looks like it took them just a little bit of time to get their playoff legs. DLowe sure kept them in the game though.

    Songbird: Correct! Icing and CAKE!

  1. I don't think you're supposed to "give up" runs...are you?
    I have total insomnia. I just thought I'd come over and harass you.

  1. I'm sending the Teamster over here so I don't have to listen to either one of you...

  1. Travis says:

    Mimi: You are correct. A pitcher isn't supposed to give up runs. If he does, then he should try and give up as few as possible.

    Katherine: I'm going to enjoy my guys for as deep as they can go.

  1. I enjoy my guy for as deep as he can go as well...

    (sorry....it was the perfect set up Trav!)