Senior Day

Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2008 by Travis Cody in
13


Senior Day is special. It's the last home game of your high school or college career. Most football players won't play in the NFL. So as the NCAA says, they'll go pro in something other than athletics.

I salute all seniors playing their final games over the next couple of weeks. And I say thank you and congratulations to the following seniors from my favorite program, Notre Dame.

Mike Anello
Thomas Bemenderfer
Justin Brown
David Bruton
Maurice Crum
Paul Duncan
David Grimes
Ray Herring
Pat Kuntz
Paul Kuppich
Terrail Lambert
John Leonis
Kyle McCarthy
Kris Patterson
Steve Quinn
Nikolas Rodgriguez
Asaph Schwapp
Evan Sharpley
Kevin Smith
Scott Smith
Jeff Tisak
Michael Turkovich
Kevin Washington

Good luck to you all. GO IRISH!

13 comments:

  1. The Irish will never go as well as they did when The Comeback Kid was their QB. In my humble opinion. Cause Montana just plain rocks.

  1. I truly hope the Irish gets things turned around and come back strong next year.

  1. Anndi says:

    Bittersweet.

    Go Irish!

    "Play Like a Champion Today"

  1. Linda says:

    It's funny how one's Senior Year is both the beginning and ending of so many things and how much of it is most definitely bittersweet.

    Congrats and good job to all of the players you listed here!

  1. What a nice tribute. I hope they all see it.

  1. I feel bad for the Irish. I've always been a fan. Mayhaps they need a new coach. Willingham was better than their current one.

  1. Akelamalu says:

    I know nothing about this but if you're wishing them luck Trav then so am I! :)

  1. Starr: Montana does rock!

    Travis: I'm hoping they learned from all these late game losses.

    Ann: Always.

    Linda: These kids have so much ahead of them.

    Jamie: I just wish they had been able to win the game.

    Charles: I don't know about Coach Willingham...he has been let go from Washington because he couldn't win.

    Akelamalu: It's just my appreciation for playing the game.

  1. Starr is right - Montana ruled the Irish. Oh well, never count out the Irish. They will rise again. I just know it.

  1. Montana is a made of awesome and I love him to death. Those were the days of football my friends. Before they got all sissified and shit.

  1. Anonymous says:

    My dh LOVES the Irish...I keep meaning to put you on my blogroll. Im gunna go do that RIGHT NOW before my memory problems kick in.lol

  1. Songbird: Everything cycles back around sooner or later. It's the waiting for it that is tough.

    Starr: I don't know about the sissified thing. Some of the recent injuries I've seen are pretty gruesome, and testatment to the fact that athletes are bigger, stronger, and faster than ever. That requires new rules to protective the health of athletes.

    Hope: Thanks!

  1. Jeni says:

    Senior Day at my alma mater, (Penn State) as I am sure you are aware, netted JOEPA and the team a "run for the Roses" with a slot in the Rose Bowl game this year! Yay, Team! Go Penn State and yes, WE ARE. PENN STATE!
    Can you tell I'm happy?