Congratulations to choreographers!

Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 by Travis Cody in
15

Congratulations to choreographers from Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance. They dominated the category for Best Choreography for the 61st Prime Time Emmy Awards, presented by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. The program airs on 20 September 2009.

I have embedded the videos, but in case they don't play I've also linked to the dances on youtube.

81st Annual Academy Awards • Musicals Are Back • ABC • Academy of Motion Picture
Arts and Sciences
Rob Ashford, Choreographer


Dancing With The Stars • Jive / Great Balls of Fire • ABC • BBC Worldwide Productions
Derek Hough, Choreographer
Julianne Hough, Choreographer
The dancers of course are Julianne and Derek.


So You Think You Can Dance • Bleeding Love • FOX • Dick Clark Productions and 19
Entertainment
Tabitha D'umo, Choreographer
Napoleon D'umo, Choreographer
The dancers are Chelsie Hightower and Mark Kanemura.


So You Think You Can Dance • Mercy • FOX • Dick Clark Productions and 19 Entertainment
Mia Michaels, Choreographer
The dancers are Katee Shean and Twitch Boss.


So You Think You Can Dance • Adam and Eve / Silence • FOX • Dick Clark Productions and 19 Entertainment
Tyce Diorio, Choreographer
The dancers are Jessica King and William Wingfield.


So You Think You Can Dance • A Los Amigos • FOX • Dick Clark Productions and 19
Entertainment
Dmitry Chaplin, Choreographer
The dancers are Chelsie Hightower and Joshua Allen.


My money is on Derek and Julianne, but that Bleeding Love piece is one of the best I've ever seen on SYTYCD. It still resonates, and I see Chelsie and Mark every time I hear the song. But the Silence number from Tyce is simply stunning.

That's it! Emmy statuettes for everyone!

And hey Academy! Get your head out of your ass and nominate Ms Cat Deeley for Best Host one of these times. Tom Bergeron handles DWTS splendidly, in the cheesy spirit of fun that the show represents. But Cat is delightful on SYTYCD, combining a love of the art with a genuine compassion for the dancers. She deserves some recognition for her ability to keep the focus where it belongs...on the fantastic work of the choreographers and the dancers.

15 comments:

  1. Akelamalu says:

    I'd heard that our Cat Keeley had made a big impression over there. :)

  1. Anonymous says:

    I saw that when I posted the list on Scuttlebutt. Excellent and congrats to them both. I like Cat a great deal and think she deserves a nomination. Those legs man. Did you see Ryan Seacrest just resigned for $45 million? Boy am I in the wrong business :)

  1. BeckEye says:

    Bleeding Love all the way!

    Oh, how I miss Mark.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Oh I know you're excited about the Emmy nomination... That's cool!

    The weekend is soon upon us... Tomorrow is Friday...YAY!

    Have a great day and an even "more gooder" weekend.

  1. Dianne says:

    DWTS has many nominations, I'm pleased

    when I read thru the list I was thinking of you

  1. Very impressive. I hope your prediction for the Emmy winner is right.

  1. I had no idea the funny home video guy was the host. He's pretty cool.

  1. Akelamalu: She definitely has.

    Thom: She does...and not just because of the LEGSES.

    Beck: I was just saying that Bleeding Love and The Bench are the two best ever.

    Lois: Friday is Harry Potter Day!

    Dianne: I rarely watch the Emmy Awards anymore because I don't watch that much series tv, but it makes me happy that Dancing is recognized so thoroughly.

    Southern: Well, I think I'd be happy if any of the dances from my shows wins.

    Charles: He's really terrific on the show, and deserves the recognition.

  1. I do believe that the jive will be the winner.
    At least give an award for the best legs on a reality show host!!! CAT...hand down. And yes, my wife and I both think she does the best job of any reality host for exactly the reasons you mentioned. She does have a genuine compassion for the dancers.

  1. Some incredible choices there and as you mentioned...one huge omission...

  1. Cherie says:

    Congratulations indeed! Must say that I wasn't a fan of Cat's dress on the results show though. What were they thinking? ;) (Though they did show quite a bit of your favorite attribute. lol)

  1. Anndi says:

    I feel like I've had this conversation with you *wink*.

    You know my love for Mark *sigh* and his quirkiness...

    Your link to Bleeding Love doesn't work, but this one does:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMBUqi7diaY

    SMOOCH

    Yup... cheesy... I prefer classy, myself (and legses, dresses and shoes!

  1. Marsha says:

    How exciting for everyone one of these choreographers and dancers! I know what you mean about Bleeding Heart, I now have it on my Ipod because of this dance. And of course Katee and Twitch, how can you forget that one! Over on DWTS, Julianne and Derek are my favorites....boy this is just exciting all the way around!

  1. Driller: Best LEGSES!

    V: Ah well...maybe next time.

    Cherie: As long as they don't put pants on her anymore, I'm happy.

    Songbird: Indeed.

    Ann: Rats on the link.

    Marsha: I downloaded it too because of that dance.