Mo's Manic Monday - Fountain

Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 by Travis Cody in
12


Welcome to another Manic Monday with Morgen. Don't forget to cruise by MM HQ at the Manic Monday blog. Today's theme is Fountain.

This is the fountain in the park at Seattle Center. It was built along with the Space Needle for the World's Fair in 1961. It was rebuilt in 1995. The water sequence plays to music and repeats every 30 minutes. People sit along the rim and kids can run down the sides of the bowl and play in the water.

Embedding is disabled for this video clip. It's only a couple of minutes long and shows how much fun people have around the fountain.





12 comments:

  1. I got my sentence structure all fouled up. I should have written that the fountain and Space Needle were built in 1961 for the World's Fair in 1962. DOH!

    Grammatical errors make me crazy!

  1. Ivanhoe says:

    I could totally play here on a hot summer day :o)

  1. Looks like a nice place to hang out... I've always been fascinated by fountains

  1. Akelamalu says:

    Loved the video clip Trav. The kids are having so much fun! :)

  1. Anonymous says:

    Great shots. I really like fountains of any type. The Space Needle in the background makes it that much better. Great video. I could play there for hours :) Aloha and happy Manic Monday

  1. I remember playing in a fountain like that with my son. So much fun.

  1. Jeni says:

    Holy Rip! When I "bigified" (As Bee would say) the pics of the fountain and saw the small children along the side, it put the scale into better perspective of the size of that thing! Huge!
    Really neat though.

  1. Looks like quite a place. Great video.

  1. Grammatical errors drive me batty as well, but I love ya, Trav, so I let it slide. *grin*

    I wish I had a fountain through which I could run right now; might alleviate this crummy feeling I have going.

  1. Ivanhoe: It's a great place to sit and let your mind wander, even with the noise of the kids playing.

    Terra: It definitely is.

    Akelamalu: I don't even mind the squealing!

    Thom: There's so much to do and the fountain is a great place to start and finish a day.

    Charles: It is fun.

    Jeni: It's quite the center piece!

    Southern: Indeed it is.

    Songbird: Well, there's always the sprinklers!

  1. Wait...only kids can run down and play in the water???

    Man, that is no fun....

    And LOL on the sentence structure correction. I understood, but know how you feel.