And cue music for Vegas callbacks

Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 by Travis Cody in
6



Welcome to the first night of Vegas callbacks!

We've got 152 dancers vying for 20 spots in Hollywood. The judging panel consists of Tyce DiOrio, Mia Michaels, Adam Shankman, Debbie Allen, Mary Murphy, and Nigel Lythgoe.

The first round is solos with no feedback. Everybody dances a solo. It's always a pleasure at this point to see nothing but talent on the stage. But talent doesn't stop the cuts. For 41 dancers, this is the only dance they'll get in Vegas.

Hip hop round is choreographed by Tabitha and Napoleon D'Umo. The choreography defeated one of the B-Boys, and we lost 21 dancers. Tapper Ryan got a scare and barely made it through on a split 3-up/3-down decision.

Ballroom round is choreographed by Louis van Amstel. This is an amazingly difficult and fast Cha Cha Cha. Our krumper is paired with a world class ballroom dancer, and he does just fine with the style. I'm impressed by this krumping kid. He's just a natural talent.

But I'm devastated that they cut Ryan Kasprzak. He got hit with his two worst styles in hip hop and ballroom, and he just wasn't strong enough in either one to even get a chance to dance for his life. That just took a huge chunk of the excitement I had for Season 6 right out of me.

But 77 dancers will continue through to the next rounds. Perhaps I'll learn how the other two tappers are doing. I saw a glimpse of Bianca, but not Phillip.

The good news is that I have no favorites now and the competition is completely fresh with no expectations. The bad news is that my favorite is out.

My Dodgers took game 1 of the NLDS, beating St Louis 5-3. Game 2 is this evening from Los Angeles. Adam Wainwright will pitch for the Cardinals, while Clayton Kershaw goes for my Dodgers.

In the other NL Division Series, the Phillies beat the Rockies 5-1 to take a 1 game to 0 lead. Game 2 is toinght with Aaron Cook pitching for Colorado and Cole Hamels on the mound for Philly.

In the ALDS, the Yankees beat the Twins 7-2 to take a 1 game to 0 lead. Minnesota and NY have an off day before the series resumes tomorrow with Nick Blackburn pitching for the Twins and AJ Burnett going for the Yankees.

The Angels host Boston in game 1 of their ALDS tonight. Jon Lester is on the mound for the Red Sox, while John Lackey pitches for the Angels.


Remember, we're counting down the days to 5 November 2009 with Peace Quotes.

"More than an end to war, we want an end to the beginning of all wars -- yes, an end to this brutal, inhuman and thoroughly impractical method of settling the differences between governments." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Check the top of my side bar to your right for all the information you need to participate in this year's Blog Blast for Peace. Please consider joining us.

6 comments:

  1. Anndi says:

    I know Ryan has only good things ahead... but I want to kick Nigel. Since I'm trying to be a peaceful blogger, I'll refrain.

  1. Go Dodgers, Go Dodgers ... Bleeding blue to keep you company.

  1. It is on TiVo...have not seen it yet...sorry to hear Ryan did not make it though

    Congrats on game 1 win...

    I want a sweep in NY and end it quick in MN while the Red Sox and Angles beat each other up!

  1. Ann: Ditto.

    Jamie: Woooooo!!! Big win tonight!

    V: I just want to see the Angels finally eliminate those guys.

  1. My two I am keeping an eye on are Nathan and Ellenore =)

  1. j says:

    The Blogblast is getting close. Very excellent of you to keep up the reminders.

    Yay for your Dodgers!