I go to Rio!

Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2009 by Travis Cody in
13


Rio de Janeiro will be the first South American city ever to host the Olympic Games. The IOC awarded the 2016 Games to the Brazilian city yesterday.

And of course, this song was in my head all day!



Everybody Samba!



And don't forget! The opening ceremonies for the Winter Games are scheduled for 12 February 2010 from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Hey! That's just to the north, up Hwy 5, about 3 hours!



Please give some thought to joining us on 5 November 2009 by posting a Peace Globe. You can easily join this movement and become a part of an extraordinary community of bloggers. If you're new to the Peace Globe movement, please go here to view the Peace Globe Gallery and here to learn how to make your own Peace Globe.

Or email me and I'll be happy to help you.

I believe that words have power, so this matters.

The Silence of Peace, Papa's Marbles
The Doll Box



13 comments:

  1. Debra says:

    Oh Trav! I was feeling a little down tonight and that video of Peter Allen made me truly laugh out loud! How fun and delightful!

    Blessings,
    Debra

  1. hire says:

    Chicago .......LOL..

  1. I was hoping not to have to get a passport!
    <><

  1. Jeni says:

    At first glance, I thought you really were going to be going to Rio for the 2016 Olympics. Would be nice, since you're only about 3 hours away from BC if you could get up there for some of the Winter Olympics though.

  1. Travis, thanks for commenting at my post! And THANK YOU for posting Peter Allen, an absolute favorite of mine - a really talented man! I miss him! Hugh Jackman did a marvelous job on the stage bringing PA back! :)

  1. Debra: I'm sorry you were down, but glad you could come here and smile!

    Hire: What's your point?

    NNG: Well, you will if you want to go!

    Jeni: Who knows? We had been thinking about going to Vancouver. We still might try, but at least we'll get to watch the events live in our time zone for a change.

    Mary: I almost posted the Hugh Jackman video I found, but decided to go with this one.

  1. I started liking Peter Allen about 30 years ago because of the songs and then I saw him in person in LA in his show "Up In One" and went completely bananas about the man. His was a great loss.

    Wanna go to Vancouver?

  1. Ooo, I loved the samba clip. Holy Shimmy, Batman.

    You're closer to the Canadian Olympics than I am. Hope you can catch some of it in person.

    And Peter Allen once performed at the theatre where I used to work. Holy High Energy, Batman.

  1. Thanks for the laugh (and the peace globe reminder)! :)

  1. Cheesy says:

    My sis has tickets to one of the hockey games in BC... know anybody who may want a couple?

  1. Jamie: Some days I think I would like to go, but then I realize that I'll see more of the events if I stay home and watch on TV. It sure would be a great experience though.

    Julia: DWTS should be a great show Monday night with Samba and Rumba as the styles. It's almost the Festival of Tiny Costumes!

    CWM: You're welcome!

  1. Grandy says:

    Field trip to RIO!! I'm in!! :)

  1. well done flying the Peace Globe flag for her highness.

    I love Vancouver