Take This Tune

Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 by Travis Cody in
10



Take This Tune is a feature hosted by my pal Jamie at Duward Discussion. Jamie puts up a video prompt complete with lyrics to the song, and the task is to write something inspired by the title of the song or something in the lyrics.

I really enjoy participating in Jamie's feature because of where the prompts take my thoughts and emotions. This week's prompt is Witty Love Lost and Found. We're going opposite last week's prompt, which dealt with heartbreak. We're looking for the lighter side of love.



A thump on the back of the head. A pretty yellow dress. A promise to call after taking a mysterious trip out of town. A formal night out. Roses. An office conspirator to help me leave little notes and cards every day.

Those are the things that filled the early days of my relationship with Pam.

And pennies.

Pam tossed pennies at me. As in, "a penny for your thoughts".

Sure it was endearing. But it was also her way of telling me that she was investing. She would toss me a penny, and I would say "I was just thinking..."

After some time, I started keeping pennies on me so I could present them to her and she would say "I was just thinking..."

We were both investing.

Communication is a cornerstone of every relationship. And anybody can afford to pay a penny to get the conversation started, yes?

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    awwwww.... Travis, that is so sweet of you too! You are correct, communication is a very important part of a good relationship.

    Hugs, and have a great week!

  1. Lana used to toss pennies on the ground to get me to bend over. Or so she said. I felt so used! lol.

  1. The thump on the head is what I remember most...in the gym...LOL

    The lady is classic~!

  1. Great story. The best relationships are the ones where everyone concerned needs to be committed .... Did you know straws are great for blowing grape jelly?

  1. j says:

    This is a nice peek inside of your relationship. You sound like such a sweet couple.

  1. Jeff B says:

    Very endearing. I would expect no less from you.

  1. Oh yes... I remember this story. Thought it was real sweet. Still do :)

  1. Linda says:

    This is so sweet and such a good way to invest in your relationship. You are so right that communication is key and it sounds like you and Pam have been right on the money with that!