Take This Tune

Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 by Travis Cody in
9


Take This Tune is a feature hosted by my pal Jamie at Duward Discussion. Jamie puts up a video prompt complete with lyrics to the song, and the task is to write something inspired by the title of the song or something in the lyrics.

I really enjoy participating in Jamie's feature because of where the prompts take my thoughts and emotions. This week's prompt is about wonderful things we have seen.

My office overlooks Elliott Bay in Seattle. From my 7th floor window, I can see such wonderful sites as this...



And this...



And this...



And then there's one of the most wonderful sites I have seen on the bay. I wish I could have gotten a better picture of it. Click on the photo to biggify. It's an aircraft carrier underway, headed north out of Bremerton to the Pacific Ocean. I don't know which carrier it is, but I've never seen one live in motion until now. It was magnificent.

9 comments:

  1. Akelamalu says:

    How do you get any work done with views like that from your office window? :0

  1. Travis, beautiful views! I'm with Akelamalu, how do you get any work done? :)

  1. Oh how fortunate you are to have the ocean every day. The others are right. How do you actually accomplish anything?

  1. Linda says:

    You couldn't ask for more beautiful views, Travis!

    We have a nice big floor to ceiling window in our dispatch center but alas, the view needs cleaning up a bit as it's not exactly Norwich's finest I'm afraid. Still, I can catch some lovely clouds there from time to time.

  1. So that is the one you mentioned with the carrier...

    Really is too bad, you could not get a closer/better shot...but it is pretty amazing to see one in motions..

    I have a window..it looks out onto a parking lot!

  1. Great views, you lucky person, you!

  1. I would be peering out the window all the time!

  1. I envey you,the veiw is amazing!

  1. Akelamalu: Well, I don't want to say I've gotten blase about the view, but it's just kind of there now after a year of working in that building.

    Mary: It's definitely great for a mental health break!

    Jamie: The best part is actually when the weather is nice...I can get outside and walk over to the water for awhile.

    Linda: The hardest part of taking pictures through the window is getting the right angle to minimize the water spots!

    V: That's the one.

    Lana: I am!

    Mimi: I allow myself a couple of minutes every hour.

    Mike: It's great!