What Waits There

Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 by Travis Cody in
9

What waits there
Along the byway
Wayward souls
Or kindred lights

Don’t focus
Or they may follow

Vision blinded
Always seeking
Beyond the veil
Hold passions close

Don’t reveal
Or they may claim

Once they spoke
In the deep quiet
Silenced now
During the long sleep

Don’t move
Or they will wake

Don’t fear
For what waits there
In the fresh dark
Is imperfect



This has been an original poem by Travis Cody, copyright 2010.

9 comments:

  1. Love the last line. It says much.

  1. Akelamalu says:

    I particularly like these lines:

    Vision blinded
    Always seeking
    Beyond the veil
    Hold passions close

  1. Charles: Thanks. That last stanza went through a few critical edits.

    Akelamalu: That's another stanza to which I put a critical eye.

  1. Mimi: Thanks again for your editing eye.

    Mike: I thought so.

    Terra: Thanks!

    NNG: I'm pleased.

  1. Oh, Trav! It's just beautiful!!! I loved it. :)

  1. Very cool. I love the mysterious tone.

  1. SQUEE!

    I hope this is the start of more poems to come, Travis.