Don't forget: Prepare to vote, and then vote on 2 Nov

Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 by Travis Cody in
6

We got our ballots in the mail last week, and this weekend we took some time to consider and then to fill them out.  Today we'll drop them in the mail.

It always makes me feel good to vote.  I know, without a doubt, that I have done my part to hold accountable those who make decisions in my name.  That's my duty as an American citizen and I take it very seriously.

Since I know that you, my blog pals, are all civic minded individuals who understand the importance of participating in the election process, I won't spend any time admonishing you about either mailing your ballots or getting to the polls next Tuesday.

Prepare to vote, and then vote on 2 November.

What?

Oh.  Sorry about that.  Just a small admonishment, OK?



We're counting down to Blog Blast for Peace on 4 November 2010 with 30 days of peace quotes.

"None of us got where we are solely by pulling ourselves up by our bootstraps."  Thurgood Marshall

Check the top of my side bar to your left and click on any of the Peace Globe links for all the information you need to participate in this year's Blog Blast for Peace.  Or go directly to Mimi Writes and click any of the links just beneath the blog header.

If you need help with your Globe, let me know in comments.

You know you want to join us.  Come on.  Do it.

I believe that words have power, so this matters.

You have a voice.
What will you say?
November 4, 2010

6 comments:

  1. ANNA-LYS says:

    Is there any green button, also
    or just this You got? ;-p

    Have a great week!

  1. Anonymous says:

    You got that right, Travis. There are folks all over this world who don't get this privilege to choose their leaders. Many fine citizens lost their lives so we can enjoy this privilege.

    I voted early (two weeks ago) and when I pushed the green button I thanked those people.

  1. I'm gearing up for it here.

  1. Akelamalu says:

    If there's one thing guaranteed to get me on my soapbox it's people who don't use their vote! Good for you Trav.

  1. It is not only our right...but our duty