Five on Friday Set 71

Posted: Friday, June 03, 2011 by Travis Cody in
8


I realize that the solstice is still three weeks away, but I started my Summer of History posts already and decided to make a special Five on Friday banner.

Why, you ask.

Because, I reply.  I thought it might be fun to tie some of my FoF Sets to a history essay for that week.  And since this week I wrote about the Battle of Midway, my Set features music you would have heard on the radio in 1942.

Ain't I clever?

Regrettably, Playlist.com didn't allow me to turn off the autostart this week.  Why does that matter, you ask.

Because, I reply.  Maybe you're sneaking a peek at the Set at the office and you're not supposed to.  It's a dead give-a-way that you're doing something naughty if the music suddenly starts blaring.  Or maybe you just got the baby to stop crying and settle down for a nap...you definitely don't need the music sounding off at an unexpected volume.  Or maybe you just want the choice whether to listen or not.

What?

Well, of course I know you want to listen!  Just maybe all you have time for right now is to check in and see what's on the menu.

I am ever solicitous of your freedom to choose whether to listen now, later, or not at all!  So let's go to the video for Set 71!












If you'd like to join in, here are the guidelines:

1. Grab the banner, make your post title Five on Friday, and be sure to link back here.
2. Go to Playlist.com to make your Set of five songs. You may choose a particular theme to share with us, or post random tunes if that's your vibe for the day. You can simply post the Set, or you can add a little summary about what you are sharing.
2a. Don't feel restricted by the tracks listed on Playlist.com. And don't be discouraged if the Embed code won't work. You're welcome to use any type of media to share your Sets.
3. Be sure to sign Mr Linky so everyone can visit your Set.
4. No tags, but feel free to invite your friends to play along if they need a post topic on a Friday.
Go forth and enjoy music!

8 comments:

  1. 'Night and Day' and Frank Sinatra - *sigh*

    Great idea, Travis! I like getting nostalgic over the summer.

  1. The music of the Big Bands and WW II were an amazing burst of creativity. Of course, I still remember the M*A*S*H episode when Father Mulcahey does the anti-war song "What Were We Singing For?"

  1. I like the Metallica versions of these. :)

  1. Linda says:

    Great choices for this week and I had the same problem with Playlist.com myself when I did my set. How frustrating! I hope they get that fixed soon as it's so nice to just click play and then let the set play in the background while you do other things.

  1. Great choises. i think i figured out the problem with playlist. it's the auto play feature.if we let the auto play work it will post. clueless who is a member of Mike's pl;ace did a posting and I copied it to a blog that does not have entrecard widget on ant it posted and is working.

  1. Five GREAT songs indeed... very cool that you aligned these with your writing.

    I am up...Songs about DANCES!

  1. Anonymous says:

    Great banner and I liked the music, too. I have to show the vinyl toi my granddaughter and see if she even knows what it is.

  1. They brought back some memories!
    <><