Five on Friday Set 84

Posted: Friday, September 02, 2011 by Travis Cody in
6


Welcome to September!

Summer isn't officially over yet, but it's getting close.  Last week it was too warm for me, but this week we've had temps in the upper 60s with overnight lows getting down in the 50s.  I love that!  So I've decided to switch over to a fall banner for FoF.  You are welcome to use it, or create your own.

My song selections for Set 84 remind me of fall.  They aren't necessarily about the season, but there are moments in the melodies and in the lyrics that put me in an autumn frame of mind.  Maybe you'll hear what I mean when you listen.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


If you'd like to join in, here are the guidelines:

1. Grab the banner, make your post title Five on Friday, and be sure to link back here.
2. Go to Playlist.com to make your Set of five songs. You may choose a particular theme to share with us, or post random tunes if that's your vibe for the day. You can simply post the Set, or you can add a little summary about what you are sharing.
2a. Don't feel restricted by the tracks listed on Playlist.com. And don't be discouraged if the Embed code won't work. You're welcome to use any type of media to share your Sets.
3. Be sure to sign Mr Linky so everyone can visit your Set.
4. No tags, but feel free to invite your friends to play along if they need a post topic on a Friday.

Go forth and enjoy music!

6 comments:

  1. Akelamalu says:

    I can't listen to your selections because of licensing or something but seeing the Hurricane Smith song brought back good memories for me Trav. :)

  1. Oh these were wonderful. They all capture that sort of melancholy - thoughtful feeling that autumn seems to bring.

  1. that a great set.It has been a while since I have heard the last song.

  1. Last Song and I Go Crazy - perfect fall songs.

    And I LOVE the new fall 5 on Friday banner.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Thanks for the music, Trav. I liked your autumn choices!

  1. Linda says:

    I think I listened to this set four or five times in the background as I just absolutely loved it and boy howdy did it bring back memories for me!

    And you know something, you're right in that they remind me of fall too!