Creative burst

Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 by Travis Cody in
4

It's a good thing that my poetry place, Poetry by Travis, comes up in my dashboard whenever I sign on to Blogger, otherwise I might completely forget that I have some small claim to the name of Poet.  The last post over there was way back in February.

I don't know where my mojo has gone.

I wanted a burst
Of creative energy
So I tried Haiku

Yeah, I know that's kind of lame.

Leaves of red, gold, brown
Lash'd by howling mad zephyr
Crisp chill of autumn

Lame again.  That's what happens when you try to force it.  But then came this...

I sense her nearby
Her footfall echos in the
Mist, like gentle rain

That's much better.  True Haiku captures the feel of nature and beauty.

OK...it was a short burst, but it's better than nothing I guess.



Still counting down the days until 4 November with 30 days of quotes and 100 reasons.

22 October
"I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality."  Dr Martin Luther King Jr

23 October
"The journey of a thousand leagues begins with a single step. So we must never neglect any work of peace within our reach, however small."  Adlai Stevenson
24 October 
"Armageddon is not around the corner.  This is only what the people of violence want us to believe.  The complexity and diversity of the world is the hope for the future."  Michael Palin



Reason 13:  Because everyone in the world isn't going to like me or the way I live, and that's OK.  All they have to do, and all I have to do, is respect traditions and cultures that are different than mine.  As long as the way each of us lives does not hurt others, then respect on both sides leaves us each living as best suits us, in peace.  I blog for peace because I have respect.

Reason 12:  Because our troops are coming home from Iraq, and I wish to honor their sacrifice to duty by wishing them peace in all the tomorrows of their lives.

Reason 11:  Because our troops are still in harms' way in hot spots throughout the world, and I wish to honor their sacrifice to duty by working to bring them home safe and whole.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    The third one was my favorite. N icely done!

  1. Definitely captured it with that third piece. The second has wonderful words, just not quite arranged to best effect. I don't mind a bit of sturm and drang in my haiku.

  1. Good for you, Travis. Glad you're working it out again. It looks like the haiku started shaking loose the creative juices. :)

  1. Akelamalu says:

    Your short burst of creativeness was worth the wait. :)