Five on Friday Set 121

Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 by Travis Cody in
7


Welcome to Five on Friday Set 121!

It's been a busy week, so yet again I'm inspired by a song I heard on the radio in the deli while I was waiting for my egg salad sammich on Tuesday.  The song took me back to 1969.

Have a great weekend, gang!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones




Reflections of My Life, written by Junior Campbell/Dean Ford, released by The Marmalade

You Can't Always Get What You Want, written by Mick Jagger/Keith Richards, released by The Rolling Stones

Rainy Night in Georgia, written by Tony Joe White, released by Brook Benton

Stormy, written by Dennis Yost/Mark Shapiro, released by Classics IV.  Stormy was actually released in 1968.  My first choice was Traces, which was released in 1969, but it wasn't on Playlist and I didn't feel like going video this week.

Love Can Make You Happy, written by Jack Sigler Jr, released by Mercy

If you'd like to join in, here are the guidelines:
1. Grab the banner, make your post title Five on Friday, and be sure to link back here.
2. Go to Playlist.com to make your Set of five songs. You may choose a particular theme to share with us, or post random tunes if that's your vibe for the day. You can simply post the Set, or you can add a little summary about what you are sharing.
2a. Don't feel restricted by the tracks listed on Playlist.com. And don't be discouraged if the Embed code won't work. You're welcome to use any type of media to share your Sets.
3. Be sure to sign Mr Linky so everyone can visit your Set.
4. No tags, but feel free to invite your friends to play along if they need a post topic on a Friday.

Go forth and enjoy music!

7 comments:

  1. Rainy Night In Georgia may be one of the best songs ever and You Can't Always Get What You Want is almost a life motto for me. Great selections this week.

  1. Barb says:

    I love me an egg salad sammich... and who doesn't love A Rainy Night in Georgia?

    Unless your me and you live in Georgia and it's raining and you're all dressed up to go somewhere...

    Have a lovely day, Trav!

  1. Cherie says:

    Love the tight harmonies in Reflections of My Life. :)

  1. Cherie says:

    Love the tight harmonies in Reflections of My Life. :)

  1. Rainy night in georgia. Been a long time since I heard that song. I've always liked it.

  1. Travis,you picked 5 great tunes that I have not heard in some time thanks for sharing them.

  1. Ivanhoe says:

    The Stones! Saw them in Prague many moons ago. That was a fun concert. Me and 120,000 other crazy fans right after the iron curtain fell. Oh the memories :)