Five on Friday Set 156

Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 by Travis Cody in
9


Welcome to Five on Friday Set 156!

Today marks the third anniversary of my little weekly musical feature.  I had a bunch of ideas about how to commemorate.  I finally settled on a retrospective Set of five of my favorite tunes from the 780 I have posted over the last three years.

I hope you have enjoyed the music.  Putting together my Sets has been a hi-light of my week.

To those of you who have been posting tunes along with me every Friday, I say thanks for sticking with it!  I love what you've been laying down.

Cheers and happy weekend to all!


From Set 6, posted on 5 March 2010 - Photographs and Memories, written by Jim Croce, released in 1972


From Set 26, posted on 23 July 2010 - If You Could Read My Mind, written by Gordon Lightfoot, released in 1970


From Set 99, posted on 16 December 2011 - Maybe You Should, written by Taylor Hicks/Gary Nicholson/Mike Reid, released in 2008


From Set 108, posted on 17 February 2012 - Iris, written by John Rzeznik, released by The Goo Goo Dolls in 1998


From Set 139, posted on 14 September 2012 - Landslide, written by Stevie Nicks, originally released by Fleetwood Mac in 1975.  This Live performance was recorded in Chicago in 2009.



9 comments:

  1. Barb says:

    I'm totally with you on your top 2 this week. LOVED Jim Croce and Gordon Lightfoot.

    Congrats on your milestone! Have a lovely weekend!

  1. Whee Three years!!!! You may have hit 3 of the 10 songs I would take with me to a desert island with Croce, Lightfoot, and Stevie Nicks. Great group.

  1. Akelamalu says:

    WOW three years - well done!

  1. *ooo-ing and aww-ing at the fireworks*

    Happy Third Anniversary, Travis! I'm so glad you started 5 on Friday. For me, too, it's the joy in my week.

    I love your retrospective set, especially Gordon Lightfoot and The Goo Goo Dolls.

    Can't wait to start Year Four with next week's set!

  1. Jean(ie) says:

    Gordon Lightfoot will be playing at the Emerald Queen in the next month or so. Saw it on a Marquee last week.

    Great set!

  1. You posted some Great tunes I cannoy say just on is a fave they all are.

  1. TopChamp says:

    Happy New Year Travis & Pam!

    Listening - it's my background while I'm catching up on goings on. It was a bit confusing at first as I had inadvertently clicked on 2 of the videos (Goo Goo Dolls and If You Could Read My Mind. Didn't mix so well). Once I got rid of the Goo Goo Dolls it was much nicer.

    Hope 2013 is good for you x

  1. By the way, in getting rid of about 500 spam comments from my blog, I also lost a few recent comments you'd left for me - whoops! Sorry.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Wow! Three years. Congrats. And thanks for all the tunes! Missed them on Friday because GN had an ortho checkup on her knee. GGG