Cue that theme music!

Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 by Travis Cody in
2

It's encores!


It's definitely weird not having two nights of DWTS each week.  I do have to say that the elimination format is working OK for me. 

Here's what we liked from Monday's performances.

We liked the Samba from Elizabeth and Val.  I thought this was way hotter on second viewing.  Click here if the video doesn't play.


We liked the Rumba from Jack and Cheryl.  Click here if the video doesn't play.


We liked the Samba from Leah and Tony.  Click here if the video doesn't play.


We loved the Jive from Amber and Derek.  We could have given them dance of the night.  Click here if the video doesn't play.


We must be honest and give dance of the night to the Jive from Corbin and Karina.  It remains to be seen if he'll make the ballroom styles look so effortless, but he's definitely got control of Contemporary and Latin.  Click here if the video doesn't play.


More great stuff this week.  I really like this cast.

Warning...there will be no DWTS review in this space next week.  Monday falls on 30 Sept, which is the last day of our fiscal quarter and so I will be at work until very late.  We'll record the show, so I'll probably give you some encores later in the week.

Cheers gang!

2 comments:

  1. Cherie says:

    Yes, I can live with the way they're doing the scoring. It also gives the dancers an extra day to prepare for the next show. They're not losing Tues anymore (even if they use that day for recovery). I wonder if the judges are using a different scale for Corbin. I would think for any other contestant that routine would have received 10's. That would be fair since he a trained dancer. They panned the some of the cast after his performance before the scores, and they did not look amused that he was one of the competitors. I don't blame them, but they looked a lot happier when he didn't get straight 10's. lol

  1. Anonymous says:

    Just trying to get caught up. I didn't know there was a change in format for the show. There hasn't been much TV watching with the sophomore in the house. Trig first! At least I can catch up on the news from you. GGG