Dona Nobis Pacem

Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 by Travis Cody in
21

On this, the 10th Blog Blast for Peace and my 9th participation, I cannot honestly say I come serenely to the day.  The cadence of  both my work and home life over the last year has been more rapid than I like.  It was a year full of seemingly non-stop change and adjustment.

I'm tired.

I may not be serene, but I do have peace amidst all of this upheaval.  I've been marching steadily with intent along the peace path for seven years.  

I haven't always had a strong sense of purpose in my life.  I've been knocked sideways and had to adjust my attitudes many times.  I've had to figure out how to climb out of some really dark spaces.  I've done it, sometimes by my own will to be better and sometimes with the much needed help of others.

This Blog Blast movement from the beginning reminded me that there was more to living than just encountering and overcoming the next challenge.  It made me focus on my intent.

Intent...having the mind and will focused on a specific purpose.

Do you know your purpose?  I know mine.  But I have not always been intent on my purpose.  Trav's Thoughts began as a place to share my various interests, from poetry to music to history to just a general love of language.  It developed over seven years into something of a manifesto.

Trav's Thoughts is a full declaration of my purpose and my intent in pursuing that purpose.

For this 10th Blog Blast, Mimi asked a question.  What do you want the world to look like?

Over the years for Blog Blast I've given you 30 Quotes for Peace.  I've offered 100 Reasons to Blog for peace.  I've written about activism, revolution, commitment.

But over 2,063 posts in the history of Trav's Thoughts, I've really shown you what my world is and what I want it to be.  

So Mimi, what do I want the world to look like?  I want it to be a place in which every person may feel the freedom and joy to express thoughts, to act on ideas, to love unconditionally, and to walk out the front door knowing beyond doubt that no one is going to shoot them in the head for being different.

I want the world to celebrate diversity in all its forms.  I want everyone to have the opportunity to pursue his or her purpose with intent.


Dona Nobis Pacem

21 comments:

  1. Akelamalu says:

    Peace to you and yours Trav. x

  1. I've thought for a long time that I knew my purpose, but lately I have begun to doubt again.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Dang. Trav! You beat me by 12 links on Mimi's list today! Peace to you. Come have a cookie. I know it's not cake, but I already did cake. GGG

  1. Really enjoyed your post today, Travis. It's hard to structure one's day-to-day life around an ideal, especially when life's knocks send you sideways, as you say. Yet you have shown great focus over the years, in my opinion, with your honoring on Trav's Thoughts of the sacrifices made by military men and women, and with your spearheading participation with Blog4Peace.

    Happy Peace Day, Travis. You know deep in your heart that words matter.

  1. Hey Brother Peace Bee... very nice post today...better than my repurposed post where I used a Globe from 2009 and the words from last year.

    Multiple your year by 10 and that is where I am right now...

    But times will change...

  1. Jean(ie) says:

    Peace to you and your readers!

  1. Paula says:

    Peace to you. Thanks for visiting my blog today!

  1. Ferd says:

    As always, your posts are nothing short of awesome! I enjoyed and was somewhat overwhelmed by all the thoughts and ideas, especially reading through several of the recent posts. Fantastic stuff!

    Peace to you and yours, Travis!

  1. I so relate to your comment:
    "I've had to figure out how to climb out of some really dark spaces..."
    And it's that clinging to peace that keeps me moving forward. Peace is a very special kind of light for the soul.

  1. A good post for today. Peace!

  1. Clooney says:

    A very thought-provoking post. I admire when people are candid...thanks for sharing. I join you today in blogging for peace.

  1. Gattina says:

    I certainly agree with you !

  1. nelson says:

    Great post on peace, Travis! Intent... I will keep that in mind!
    Peace be with you always!

  1. Barbara says:

    Great post! That's what I'd like the world to look like, too!

  1. Here's to diversity, freedom, and joy! Also Thanks for sharing your traditional "Blog Blast for Peace countdown with 30 days of peace quotes".

  1. What a lovely wish for the world, Travis. I couldn't agree more. Peace to you. xx

  1. CherryPie says:

    A lovely wish for the world :-)

  1. About your Peace globe all i can say is AMEN! Peace be with you and Pam.

  1. Bing Yap says:

    What a powerful post! Blessings of peace and light to you, Travis!

    Thanks for checking out my post.

  1. Because you are you, many people have come to walk along the peace path with us. Because you are you, and because you have a unique way of expressing and explaining yourself so logically, so PURPOSEFULLY...we get it. Even if your intent never was to inspire, you have. You do.
    Because you are you.

    Blessings and love to you and Pam. I know where to find you even if you've gone dark. No light as bright as the one you've shone can really ever be dark.

    Mimi