And cue music

Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 by Travis Cody in
12

From thousands to 152 to 38 and, by the end of the hour, to 20.

Welcome to the next phase of



Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy, Adam Shankman, Debbie Allen, Mia Michaels, and Tyce Diorio will make the announcements.

In the order they were announced, our Top 20 dancers are...

Nathan Trasoras, 18, contemporary dancer from Downey CA

Kathryn McCormick, 18, contemporary dancer from Burbank CA

Channing Cooke, 18, contemporary dancer from Haverhill Mass

Ariana Debose, 18, contemporary dancer from Raleigh NC

Ellenore Scott, 19, contemporary dancer from NY

Billy Bell, 19, contemporary dancer from Palm Beach FL

Russell Ferguson, 20, krumper from Boston Mass

Kevin Hunte, 23, hip hop from New York NY

Bianca Revels, 20, tap dancer from Detroit MI

Phillip Attmore, 25, tap dancer from Los Angeles CA

Peter Sabasino, 22, tap dancer from Philadelphia, PA

Victor Smalley, 20, contemporary dancer from Miami FL

Jakob Karr, 19, contemporary dancer from Orlando FL

Mollee Gray, 18, jazz dancer from Upland CA

Pauline Mata, 18, contemporary dancer from West Covina CA

Noelle Marsh, 18, contemporary dancer from Sanford NC

Jonathan "Legacy" Perez, 28, B-Boy from Los Angeles CA

Ryan DiLello, 28, ballroom dancer from Springville UT

Karen Hauer, 27, American rhythm dancer from Fort Lee NJ

Ashleigh DiLello, 26, ballroom dancer from Springville UT

Count 'em up...THREE TAPPERS!!!! I wish one of them was Ryan, but I'm so happy for these three dancers.

Bit of tough news though...Mia Michaels announced that she has resigned as a choreographer and judge for Season 6. I'll miss the innovative and emotional pieces she created for the show, but I wish her luck and I look forward to perhaps seeing more new choreographers.

I'll round up photos of the kids as soon as they are availabe. Tune in next week when the search for America's favorite dancer begins!

Congratulations to my Dodgers. Although the Phillies eliminated them tonight 4 games to 1, they still had a great season. They won the NL West. But, they just weren't quite good enough to dethrone the defending champs.

I'm disappointed, but there's always next year.

Remember, we're counting down the days to 5 November 2009 with Peace Quotes.

"We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way." Viktor Frankl

Check the top of my side bar to your right for all the information you need to participate in this year's Blog Blast for Peace. Please consider joining us. If you need help with your Globe, let me know in comments.

Help us spread the word about Blog Blast for Peace coming up on 5 November 2009, and I'll get a fellow Worker Bee to send you a copy of this badge to fly in your sidebar.

You know you want to join us. Come on. Do it.

I believe that words have power, so this matters.

12 comments:

  1. I see Channing Cooke as an early favorite. Ashleigh DiLello could get an early exit since she was not originally picked. Ryan DiLello, on the other hand, could go very deep in this competition.

  1. After a short period of mourning I am now ready to watch the series and then put the dreams away until next year.

  1. Anonymous says:

    How about them TN Titans? Bwahahahahahahaaha. We're such losers!

  1. Are you watching the TV show Glee as well?

  1. Akelamalu says:

    Congrats to your Dodgers Trav. Not sure who they are but you seem happy about something they've done. ;)

    From tomorrow I'll be promoting the next Blogblast for Peace on each post I do until the 5th. Hopefully even more bloggers than last time will participate. :)

  1. Marilyn says:

    That quote really puts things into perspective.

  1. The orange vegas girl scares me. I am down with my Krumper and Nathan!

    I must have missed that about Mia. Did they say it on the show?

  1. Meribah says:

    It's Peace Globe time again??? Didn't we just do that? LOL :P

  1. Driller: Ashleigh may have learned a few things though, since she was coming on pretty strong in the later rounds. Give a dancer a chance and see what happens.

    Jamie: I was disappointed, but it's probably for the best.

    Lois: Oh well. I guess we can't always have our teams on top.

    Charles: I watch it but only for the musical numbers, and even those are sometimes lame. I'm not enjoying the show as much as I wanted to.

    Akelamalu: Make sure you grab the Worker Bee badge from my sidebar!

    Marilyn: I liked that one.

    Starr: I like Russell and I also like Billy Bell, and the tappers.

    Meri: It's time!

  1. Oh me too Trav! Billy is awesome!

  1. Have not seen this episode...Mia is leaving? Sad...is it a conflict with something she has going on?

    Dodgers had a great run and came up a few hits short...I really wanted an LA-NY Series...

  1. Ivanhoe says:

    Sorry about your Dodgers, Trav. Now I only have Yankees to root for. Yup, there's always a next year..So very true for any Cleveland fans.
    Hey, the basketball season is starting. How about them Cavies having LBJ and Shaq this year? :o)