Inspired

Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 by Travis Cody in
11

Well, my Dodgers dropped the first game of the NLCS last night. The Phillies power bats got the best of my Dodgers' power pitching.

Dangit.

I'm disappointed, but I got something inspiring from Mimi last night.




I'm reminded that the NLCS is a best of 7 and my Dodgers have a chance to even the series today. My Dodgers never gave up last night. Each time the Phillies surged ahead, my guys went back to work and tried to come back. They persevered. Even though they didn't make it all the way back, they kept on trying. And I watched until the end, because sometimes you just have to stand by your guys, even if they don't know you're there.

Working for peace takes that kind of determination and effort. We can't be deterred by set backs. And we can't give up just because it's difficult or because there seem to be too many obstacles in front of us. We just have to keep working, because as Dr King said, "Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal".

The Peace Globe you see above was made by Michelle, born in Africa and now residing in Scotland. She writes the blog Crows Feet. She'll be joining me and Mimi, and hundreds of other bloggers from all over the world, to post our Peace Globes and thoughts about peace.

Check the top of my side bar to your right for all the information you need to participate in this year's Blog Blast for Peace. Please consider joining us. If you need help with your Globe, let me know in comments.

And since we're counting down the days to 5 November 2009 with peace quotes, let's hear from our dear leader Mimi Lenox...

"Bloggers from all across the globe will blog for peace. We will speak with one voice. One subject. One day. Dona Nobis Pacem."

I believe that words have power, so this matters.



Help us spread the word about Blog Blast for Peace coming up on 5 November 2009, and I'll get a fellow Worker Bee to send you a copy of this badge to fly in your sidebar.

You know you want to join us. Come on. Do it.

11 comments:

  1. Debra says:

    Sorry about your Dodgers last night. I saw a brief part of the game and looked like they were playing quite well. At least they have some more games, and will probably do just fine.

    I'm so nervous about this Sunday. Saints vs Giants. I'm prayin...alot...

    Blessings












    1

  1. Michelle says:

    Thanks Travis

    See you and the other busy bees on Nov 5th! :-)

  1. Anndi says:

    A whole hive is awakened...

  1. j says:

    I am posting about the Blogblast today (working on it right now) and it will stay up for a few days since I'm taking a break.

    I'm sorry your Dodgers lost last night.

    Have a great weekend Travis! I'll be by to catch up with you toward the end of next week.

  1. Travis- Sorry about your Dodgers.
    I love your passion for the Blast for Peace. I am still trying to work on my Peace Globe. GAH! And yes it does matter.
    <><

  1. Tough start...but it is only one game...

    Yankees start their quest tonight...

    The Globe from Michelle is so wonderful...

    The hive is buzzing...

  1. Debra: I'm hoping we get that game on Sunday. I think it's going to be a good one, and a real test for those Saints.

    Michelle: Thank you for such a wonderful Peace Globe.

    Ann: It's going to be a great Blog Blast day.

    Jennifer: Thanks dear. You've got a wonderful list of readers and I know many will be inspired to participate.

    NNG: Let us know if you need any help.

    V: We just need to even it up today.

  1. Linda says:

    Look at it this way, your Dodgers got their loss out of the way and now they're just going to make it wins the rest of the way as the pressure not to lose is now over!

  1. Anndi says:

    I forgot to say Go Dodgers!

  1. I am sorry your team was down, Travis. Are you OK????

    The bees are making me smile at a time when I need the smile...oh yeah. Thank you for pressing on with such leadership.

  1. Michelle says:

    Hey Travis

    If you have the time ... come and see my blogblast video. :-)