Perseverance rewarded

Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 by Travis Cody in
8

My Dodgers got another outstanding outing from Vicente Padilla yesterday afternoon. He only made one mistake, resulting in a home run. And he came up against another excellent outing from Philly pitcher Pedro Martinez.

But Padilla's perseverance was rewarded as my Dodgers broke through against the Philly bullpen and capitalized on a big error. They only got 2 runs, but it was enough to beat the Phillies and tie the NLCS at 1 game each.

Now the series shifts to Philadelphia for the next three games.

I've been counting down the days to the Blog Blast for Peace coming up on 5 November 2009, using peace quotes to entice my blog friends and neighbors to join us and post a Peace Globe. I respect Mimi's perseverance and her efforts to promote the cause of peace. The Peace Globes and posts that I've read over the last three years have inspired me.

"The power of a movement lies in the fact that it can indeed change the habits of people. This change is not the result of force but of dedication, of moral persuasion." Stephen Biko

Check the top of my side bar to your right for all the information you need to participate in this year's Blog Blast for Peace. Please consider joining us. If you need help with your Globe, let me know in comments.

Help us spread the word about Blog Blast for Peace coming up on 5 November 2009, and I'll get a fellow Worker Bee to send you a copy of this badge to fly in your sidebar.

You know you want to join us. Come on. Do it.

I believe that words have power, so this matters.

8 comments:

  1. Anndi says:

    Yay for your joy!

    Yay for Peace Globes =)

  1. My Peace Globe is ready to go Travis. I think your posting globes and peace quotes is a great idea! :)

  1. One of my all time favorite movies is "Cry Freedom". Stephen Biko was a remarkable man.

  1. Linda says:

    See? I told you they'd win the next one! Good luck to your team as they hit the road to Philadelphia!

  1. Unknown says:

    I'm sorry that I missed that game. I really must put the playoffs on my calendar.

    Both Alex and I are excited about our Peace Globes and our blog posts. Alex has Mimi's Blog Blast countdown widget on the sidebar of his blog. I have too many widgets on Nick's Bytes sidebar, but I have lots of reminders about Blog Blast there.

    I am copying the graphic on ths post for use in the very near future.

  1. Marilyn says:

    Yay for peace and perseverance!

  1. That worker bee is so gosh darn cute. He has the power to inspire...and sting!
    But peacefull of course...

  1. Ann: Sports and Peace bring joy!

    Mary: I should summarize all the quotes I've used.

    Jamie: I don't know enough about Mr Biko, but his quote was perfect.

    Linda: I'm still nervous, but at least now they know for certain that they can win.

    Nick: I always look forward to your Peace posts.

    Marilyn: Indeed!

    Mimi: Only happy stings for Peace!