Cue that theme music...

Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 by Travis Cody in
11

It's results live from Hollywood!



But first, we have some encores from Monday's performances.

We liked the Jive from Niecy and Louis.



We liked the Cha Cha Cha from Jake and Chelsie.



We loved the Rumba from Evan and Anna.



The Tango from Nicole and Derek just edged out Evan and Anna for dance of the night.



Here's a reminder of our leader board after Monday:

29 Nicole and Derek
27 Evan and Anna
23 Jake and Chelsie
22 Erin and Maks
21 Pamela and Damian
18 Niecy and Louis
18 Chad and Cheryl
15 Kate and Tony

Straight to results...Nicole and Derek are safe.

The judges select the Cha Cha Cha from Jake and Chelsie as the encore...and Pam is happy to see Jake in his underwear again! I like that the judges spread the love around instead of only focusing on Nicole and Evan as the best dancers of the bunch.

Musical guest tonight is Grammy winner Maxwell, accompanied by a couple of pros I didn't recognize. Tom introduced them, but of course all we caught were the first names...Teddi and Todd. They were really good, and I enjoyed the music as well.

More results...Niecy and Louis are safe.

It's Macy's Stars of Dance...and Debbie Allen! It's a tribute to four movies, and Ms Allen reprises her role from Fame to take the dancers through their paces. WOW! That was fantastic! The only problem with it was that it didn't last nearly long enough.

Debbie Nova is in the ballroom now in her American TV debut. She's a Latin singer/songwriter, and she gets on the floor with Derek, Dmitry, Damian, and Tony. Pam says "Lucky girl!" I kind of liked that music too.

Hey! Next week in addition to the individual dances, we get a first ever Swing dance marathon, and the celebrities get to design the costumes. Cool! I should give you a video demonstrating Swing dance...it's Benji Scwimmer and Heidi Groskreutz from 2005!



If you've been reading my dancing reviews here for any length of time, you know that we are big time Benji fans in this household. That was actually West Coast Swing in the clip. But we could see all kinds of interpretations of swing dancing next Monday, from Lindy Hop to Carolina Shag to Lindy Charleston to Boogie Woogie to...well, let's just say that we're gonna see some Jitterbuggin' in the ballroom!

More results...Evan and Anna are safe. Erin and Maks are safe. Jake and Chelsie are safe. Chad and Cheryl are safe.

Kate and Tony are in the bottom two, joined by Pamela and Damian.

Pamela and Damian are safe, which means Kate and Tony are out.



Hey! Remember to mark the date, 4 November 2010 for this year's Blog Blast for Peace. You can find details about the movement and how to participate by clicking any of the links at the top of my sidebar.



I believe that words have power, so this matters!

11 comments:

  1. Akelamalu says:

    Thanks for the update. :)

  1. Anonymous says:

    I feel badly for Tony. Kate really had no rhythm at all.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Is there actually a couple that you're pulling for to win? Thanks for the analysis. I grew up on Polkas and Flying Dutchmen, so don't have experience with the kind of dances they do on the show. And thankd for the early head's up about Blog for Peace Day!

  1. Anonymous says:

    This was not a surprise...

  1. buh buh kate...take your sourpuss and head home

  1. Dianne says:

    I was initially surprised and a bit disappointed that jake was chosen as encore and not nicole but now that you mention spreading the love around it makes sense to me :)

    I really liked Debbie Nova

  1. Finally letting Kate out of the cage was almost putting her out of her misery. Now we can settle down to those who are truly working to be as good as possible.

    Not sure who to root for yet. May settle on someone with the next show.

    BTW, they should pay you for getting viewers to the program. You even have me watching regularly.

  1. Akelamalu: It is always my pleasure.

    Barb: Somebody had to take her once she accepted the invitation.

    GGG: I haven't settled on just one pair yet. I like Niecy & Louis and Evan & Anna. Pam likes Nicole & Derek. We also enjoy Erin & Maks.

    Lois: It was time.

    V: I guess that's just the kind of person she is.

    Dianne: That Tango was really the dance of the night, but the Cha Cha Cha was a fun dance too.

    Jamie: I think the most disappointing thing was that she didn't take advantage of the opportunity to remake her public image. She just ended up reinforcing what the media writes about her, whether it's legit or not.

  1. You know...I do feel bad for Kate. But not for the same reason as most people do-I feel bad for her because that's the only way she knows how to get attention. To do...that. I watched her show when it first started and actually liked her but over the years she's just gotten weird. I'm glad they were the ones to go.

  1. j says:

    Yay! Videos!

    I have to say I just love Niecy. It's wonderful to have a spokeswoman ("on behalf of big girls everywhere") with so much personality. Jiggle on Niecy! I'm with you!

  1. TopChamp says:

    I thought I was going to get to watch this in real life over the last few weeks (esp the last couple!) but sadly I went on hol with 2 boys who don't like the dancing... and they kicked up such a fuss I gave up.