Hot in Cleveland

Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 by Travis Cody in
9

In case I never made it clear, I have had a crush on Valerie Bertinelli since forever.

OK, maybe not forever.  It started the first time I saw her as Barbara Cooper on One Day at a Time, back in 1975.  I was 11.  Girls sort of had cooties still, but some girls were cool.  Mostly girls were confusing.

That hasn't changed a lot.  Girls...women...sometimes still have cooties, or are cool, or are mostly confusing.

HA!

As we were sorting out whether it was cool or cooties with girls, my crew and I split over the kind of girl we were drawn to in our early crushes.  A lot of the fellas liked Tatum O'Neal...



...or Kim Richards... 



...or Kristy McNichol.  Kristy captured my pre-teen heart for awhile.




But then I fell hard for Valerie.




So how excited am I about Valerie's return to television?  I do the happy dance!


Valerie's new show is called Hot in Cleveland.  It airs on TV Land beginning 16 June at 10pm.



The show also stars Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick, with Betty White and John Schneider.  I suspect Ms White will steal the show, and I'm OK with that.  Anything for ratings so that I get more episodes!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    Gosh, you're running down the names from my HCildhood. Kim Richards... I remember her in Nanny and the Professor. That was one of my favorite shows. I always wanted to be like Juliet Mills!

  1. I don't know why but reading that you've had a crush on her "since forever" made me smile really brightly.

    Just that phrase and the fact that you said it-it's great!!

  1. Yes, I well remember thinking how attractive Valerie was. And she's still a very lovely woman.

  1. All those girls look human unlike many of the celebritards masquerading as actresses lately.

  1. I am older, but Valerie was kinda smokin for a younger woman back then and she never lost that appeal

  1. Akelamalu says:

    Girls were just that 'girls' in those days not children masquerading as women. Wholesome and nice.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Betty White is a real Gem, and I will be watching it for her. Until now I didn't know Valerie was going to be in it!

    I need Valerie to come to my house and make me Jenny Craig food. Because my mother only cooks her food and unfortunately, I really, really like my mother's food! hahahaha!

  1. Lois: I remember that show!

    Mags: It's all true!

    Charles: She is indeed!

    Jamie: Now that's a good point.

    V: Smokin' hot...yup yup yup!

    Akelamalu: It seemed so, didn't it?

    Barb: On the bright side, you don't have to cook yourself!

  1. I always liked her as well..but not in that way...well you know what I mean. It was the time and the era and I'm glad she's making a comeback.