And cue music...

Posted: Friday, August 06, 2010 by Travis Cody in
1

Welcome to encores and results!



By the end of this post we'll know which three of our Top 4 will compete for our votes in next week's finale.

Wednesday's performances were mostly outstanding.  Here's what we liked.

Lauren and All Star Pasha danced a sultry Argentinian Tango.  Click here if the video doesn't play.




Robert and All Star Anya danced a lovely Viennese Waltz.  I'm going to revise my comments from the recap post...there was some romantic magic in the piece.  Click here if the video doesn't play.





Robert's excellent night continued with a fantastic lyrical hip hop with All Star Dominic.  Sorry if you're skeered of clowns...or if this makes you skeered of clowns.  Click here if the video doesn't play.





Kent earned dance of the night honors with a stunning contemporary routine performed with All Star Neil.  I was able to post this video right after Wednesday's performances, but it's worth posting again.  Click here if the video doesn't play.





What else can I say?  Robert may have owned the night in terms of complete, diverse, and excellent performances.  Lauren may have combined incredible athleticism with power, grace, and elegance.  AdeChike may have demonstrated his heart and his potential.


But Kent owned Pam and I with his talent as a dancer and actor in that final piece.


And nobody was injured.


Group number...all All Stars, all the time and choreographed by Dee Caspary.  And I'm OK with that because it was outstanding.


Cat's hair is natural, loose, and wavy...my favorite.  And the stunning white frock showed off the LEGGSES to excellent effect.  Gorgeous! 


News...we get some hi-lights from National Dance Day, which was this past Saturday to promote dance and physical fitness.  We danced on Saturday.  It was just in our living room, but we danced.


Special guest is Janelle Monae performing Tightrope.  Gotta tell ya...I liked it.  She's a terrific performer and she understands how to share the stage with her dancers.



Lauren dances solo.  I love the way she moves.

Kent dances solo.  It's all there for this young man.

Results...Lauren is in the finale.


AdeChike dances solo.  I hope this young man finds a way to live up to his potential.


Robert dances solo.  He would make a worthy champion.


Results...Kent is in the finale.

We have the pleasure of being mesmerized by Desmond Richardson.  He makes it looks so effortless.

Then we suffer through Flo-Rida.  Sorry...I shouldn't say it like that.  Just because this kind of music isn't for me, doesn't mean I should dismiss it.  Oh!  I did enjoy our All Stars dancing in support.  Any time I get to watch Twitch dance is a good time.

Results...joining Lauren and Kent in next week's finale is Robert.

And that means AdeChike falls just short.


OK gang.  The competition is on!  Pam and I shall make our final decision based on what we see next week.

How about you?? 

1 comments:

  1. I sort of expected that AdeChike would be the odd man out.

    Should be a great finale. My guess is it will come down to Kent and Lauren, thought Robert has really impressed with the way he got through those weeks where he was in the bottom three...