Five Degrees of Musical Progression

Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2011 by Travis Cody in
3

Here we go gang!

Last month I had an earworm that turned into a full Set of songs that were linked by something or other.  I called it Five Degrees of Musical Progression, and I'm inviting everyone who enjoys the Five on Friday feature to play along.


Oh...if you've never tried Five on Friday, this would be a good time to give it a shot.  Click the link here to see the music for the original FDoMP post, and then click the link here to read how the songs were linked.  That should give you an idea of how this is done.


Standard rules apply, which means there are no rules...only these guidelines:

1. Grab the banner (that would be the nifty new one below), make your post title Five on Friday, and be sure to link back here.
2. Go to Playlist.com to make your Set of five songs.  The basic idea for FDoMP is to start with a song and then let something about it lead you to the next, and so on until you have your five tunes.
2a. Don't feel restricted by the tracks listed on Playlist.com. And don't be discouraged if the Embed code won't work. You're welcome to use any type of media to share your Sets.
3. Be sure to sign Mr Linky so everyone can visit your Set and try to guess your progression.
4. No tags, but feel free to invite your friends to play along if they need a post topic on a Friday.

I hope you join in.  You've got a week to put something together.  We'll all post our progressive Sets next Friday, 18 February.  Be sure to use this nifty graphic I designed too.


Now go forth and enjoy music!



3 comments:

  1. Cherie says:

    That sounds pretty interesting. Half the time I don't know how I got to thinking about whatever's in my head at any particular time. Backtracking to the original thought can be an adventure. This is kind of like the same thing with music!

  1. Linda says:

    I'll be mulling this one over and see what I can come up with as I think it's got the potential for great fun. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

  1. I'm not feeling that cleaver and resourcefull so I think I'll pass on this one and do my reg 5 on Friday.