Welcome to Peace Week, Day 1

Posted: Monday, October 31, 2011 by Travis Cody in
3


I hope you'll join us this Friday for the 8th Blog Blast for Peace.  As you know, I've been counting down the days to 4 November, first with 100 reasons to blog for Peace, and then with 30 days of Peace quotes.

For this year's Blog Blast, founder Mimi of Mimi Writes has designed a number of excellent new templates.  So as part of my Peace Week celebration leading up to Friday, I decided to update all of my past Peace Globes with the new templates.  I'll reveal them to you over the course of the week, beginning today and culminating on Friday with my 2011 Globe.

My early Globes were very basic.  There are a couple of reasons for that.  One is that I just didn't have all that much experience with doing any kind of graphics on my computer.  The other reason is that the movement was new and we were all just getting our feet wet with it.

I didn't write anything on that very first Blog Blast day in November 2006.  I had only just started my blog the week before.  But I "met" Mimi through my pal Vinny's blog.  I wasn't sure about this peace movement in the bloggosphere, so I checked into it and found out that it wasn't some silly fad or meme.  It was a genuine idea from a genuine person.  And so I made my first Peace Globe.  Here is the updated version on a new template.


Then June 2007 rolled around, and I was ready.  I had gotten to know more about Mimi and her ideas.  I wrote this post and made the Globes you'll find if you click on the link.  Here is how they look on the updated templates. 

One for me...

 One for Pam...

And one for Mr Tucker...

Now I'm committed to the movement.  It is a highlight of my online presence.  I am also an activist in my bricks and mortar world. 

You are hereby formally invited to participate.  Do it!  You know you want to.  All the info you need is at Mimi Writes

I believe that words are powerful, so this matters.


 29 October
"To love is to risk not being loved in return.  To hope is to risk pain.  To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing."  Unknown

30 October
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."  Albert Einstein

31 October
"One voice, one subject, one day."  Mimi Lenox


Reason 6:  Because I believe in the magic I feel in this movement.

Reason 5:  Because today's reality need not be tomorrow's.

Reason 4:  Because of posts like this one, Write on My Heart with Every Word.


3 comments:

  1. Today's reality need not be tomorrow's. I like that very much.

  1. Akelamalu says:

    Your peace globes are an inspiration Trav. I have mine scheduled to post. :)

  1. Your peace globes look great on the new templates and I always look forward to your quote week. It seems we've all made "traditions" on peace week. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!