Five on Friday Set 153

Posted: Friday, December 21, 2012 by Travis Cody in

Vince Guaraldi (1928-1976) was a musician and composer of some of the most distinctive melodies I heard as a kid...the music of The Peanuts.  I wanted to take piano in part because of Mr Guaraldi's music, but there just wasn't enough time or money and I had to choose between football and music.

I chose football.

But I still love piano music and some of my very favorite selections come from the holiday special, A Charlie Brown Christmas.  

Please enjoy Set 153 and have a wonderful holiday.

Pam and I wish you the comfort, warmth, and joy of your traditions.

O Tannenbaum

Linus and Lucy

Christmastime is Here

Christmas is Coming

The Christmas Song


  1. Oh! Oh! Oh! My most oft played Christmas CD, far and away! In fact, I've already had to replace it at least twice! I absolutely adore it!

    I hope you and Pam have a lovely Christmas, Trav.

  1. Sometimes I swear we share a party line wave length. :-) My two favorite instruments: Guitar and Piano. Today you did piano so naturally mine is guitar. Fun set Travis.

  1. Jean(ie) says:

    I *adore* your FIVE on Friday set! Makes me smile as i listen to the music and peek at my "Charlie Brown" tree with it's lone branch and red ornament.

    I'm smiling. :-)


    The whole thing.


  1. Anonymous says:

    Happy holidays to you and Pam. thanks for the tunes! GGG

  1. A Charlie Brown Christmas,This Blockhead loves it.

  1. I actually didn't watch a Charlie Brown Christmas yet this year. I probably will at some point. I almost always do.

  1. Cherie says:

    Some of my favorite holiday music ever. It's constantly part of my playlist.

  1. Linda says:

    I've not been by to visit in what seems like forever but I must say that I certainly picked a fine time to stop back in as I absolutely love your musical choices for this week!

    Anytime I hear this music from Peanuts, immediately brings me back to Christmases as a kid and that's a wonderful thing!

    A very Merry Christmas to yourself and Pam; may the blessings of the season fill your lives with hope, health, and happiness!

  1. Jeff B says:

    Now that was just plain fun!

  1. Akelamalu says:

    Great choices Trav. Happy Christmas to you and Pam. x