Five on Friday Set 154

Posted: Friday, December 28, 2012 by Travis Cody in
14


It's the last FoF of 2012.  Last year I got caught by surprise and just threw down a Set of randomness.

Well, I prepared for the last Set of 2012.  Set 154 is still random, but I purposely caught my tunes this week.

Or something like that.

Be safe and sane in your new year celebrations, and watch out for amateurs.

Cheers!

Give Me One Reason, written by Tracy Chapman, released in 1996


Wild Night, written by Van Morrison, released in 1971


Tempted, written by Glenn Tilbrook/Chris Difford, originally released by Squeeze in 1981.  This version is from 1994 for the film Reality Bites.


Rhythm of Love, written by Tim Lopez, released by Plain White T's in 2010


I'll Be, written by Edwin McCain, released in 1998





14 comments:

  1. Mr Linky isn't working for me on my day job PC this morning, so here is the link for my 5 on Friday:

    http://julia-mindovermatter.blogspot.ca/2012/12/5-on-friday-set-151.html

    Happy New Year, Travis! Thanks for continuing to run this highlight of my week! And thanks for your friendship, which means the world to me.

  1. HOpe you have a wonderful New Year and a great 364 days to follow. Love the Tracy Chapman.

  1. Jean(ie) says:

    HUGE Squeeze fan here!!!! Difford and Tilbrook had some major talents!

  1. this week it a toss uo between Tracy Chapman and Squeeze Thanks for sring these great tunes. Travis,I hope you had a fantanstic Chrismas.I raise my Cup of coffee as a Toast here's to you and Pam for a great New year.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Hey Trav! I couldn't find your email address, sorry. Colm Wilkinson (Your favorite Jean Valjean and mine) plays the bishop in the movie that's out in the theaters now. GGG

  1. I will admit liking "Tempted by the Fruit..." :)

  1. Linda says:

    Every time I hear something by Squeeze I have to laugh as many, many years ago I went to see them in concert in a small venue in Philadelphia where they were playing with The Tubes, a rather interesting rock band from San Francisco that was fronted by a guy named Fee Waybill (you may remember them from "She's A Beauty" which they released in 1983 and was quite popular on MTV).

    Anyhow, the billing on the marquee at the theater read:

    Squeeze
    The Tubes

    Of course it cracked me up and still does this to this day!

    Best wishes for the happiest of New Year's Eves with a totally amazing year to follow!

  1. Akelamalu says:

    Love Van Morrison! All the best for the New Year Trav. x

  1. Hadn't heard Rhythm of Love before and quite enjoyed it!

  1. Barb says:

    Wish you and Pam an absolutely wonderful New Year full of love, health and happiness, Trav!

  1. Anonymous says:

    Wishing you all the best in 2013. Thanks for the tunes! GGG

  1. Happy New Year to all - Here are the instructions Hit Play At Midnight

  1. Jeff B says:

    Late to the post, but wanted to wish you and Pam a Happy New Year.

  1. I've always loved that Tracy Chapman song. Always. I love singing it, too. Really shows off my lower range. :)