Five on Friday Set 160

Posted: Friday, February 08, 2013 by Travis Cody in
8



We bee-bopped this week as we paid tribute to "The Day the Music Died", 3 February 1959, when a small charter plane crashed shortly after take off from an airfield near Mason City, Iowa.  Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and JP "Big Bopper" Richardson were all killed.

Enjoy Set 160 from the 1950s.

Five on Friday Set 160 by Travis on Grooveshark


Lover Please, written by Billy Swan, released by Clyde McPhatter in 1958

Hang Up My Rock and Roll Shoes, written by Chuck Willis, released by Chuck Willis in 1958

Come Softly To Me, written by Gretchen Christopher/Barbara Ellis/Gary Troxel, released by The Fleetwoods in 1959

Little Bitty Pretty One, written by Bobby Day, released by Thurston Harris in 1957

It Doesn't Matter Anymore, written by Paul Anka, released by Buddy Holly in 1958


8 comments:

  1. Barb says:

    Some of my favorites are from this era. And I ♥♥♥ Clyde McPhatter. Now I'm going to be hearing "White Christmas" all day! Queue the reindeer! hahaha!

    Have a great weekend, Trav!

  1. Little Bitty Pretty One - I love that one!

  1. Some older rock and roll, from whence the name was born. I don't know any of these very well.

  1. Come Softly To Me - One of the best of the Doo Wops. Thanks for the memories.

  1. A great set.Mine's up as well. as usual it's a little all over the place. with one extra tune I explained why.

  1. Akelamalu says:

    Classics and I love Paul Anka!

  1. Anonymous says:

    Thanks for the tunes. Wish I would have had them for the snow shoveling we did all weekend, but there was no time on Friday. Makes for a good Monday, though! GGG