Five on Friday Set 199

Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 by Travis Cody in
6


As we close in on Set 200, Pam combed through all of the songs I've used in the previous 198 Sets and chose her favorites...the ones I won't be using next week.  She settled on 12.

Enjoy our penultimate Five on Friday!


Five on Friday Set 199 by Travis on Grooveshark


Secretly, written by Al Hoffman/Dick Manning/Hugo Peretti/Luigi Creatore, released by Jimmie Rodgers in 1958, Set 171

Early Morning Rain, written by Gordon Lightfoot, released by Gordon Lightfoot in 1966, Set 26

Turn Around Look At Me, written by Jerry Capehart, released by The Vogues in 1968, Set 72 and 102

The Worst That Could Happen, written by Jimmy Webb, released by The Brooklyn Bridge in 1968, Set 143

I Can Hear Music, written by Jeff Barry/Ellie Greenwich/Phil Spector, released by The Beach Boys in 1969, Set 45 and 123

Good Morning Starshine, written by James Rado/Gerome Ragni, released by Oliver in 1969, Set 56 and 143

Every Day With You Girl, written by Buddy Buie/JR Cobb, released by Classics IV in 1969, Set 76

Love Can Make You Happy, written by Jack Sigler Jr, released by Mercy in 1969, Set 121

I Just Can't Help Believing, written by Barry Mann/Cynthia Weil, released by BJ Thomas in 1970, Set 76

Walking in the Rain, written by Barry Mann/Phil Spector/Cynthia Weil, released by Jay and the Americans in 1970, Set 172

The Last Song, released by Edward Bear in 1972, Set 85

Over the Rainbow, music by Harold Arlen/lyrics by EY Harburg, released by Sam Harris in 1984, Set 51 and 123 as released by Eva Cassidy



6 comments:

  1. Akelamalu says:

    Oh 'Good Morning Starshine' I haven't heard that for years!!

  1. These next few sets are going to leave me in tears, I can see that.

    Even though I'll be carrying on over at my blog with 5 on Friday, your grand finale tour through your set lists as you wrap up your meme is a killer, Travis. Pam's set this week is just wonderful.

    Good Morning Starshine and Love Can Make you Happy are my smiling faves this week, and Worst That Could Happen and Last Song are my teary favorites.

    I'm heading off to appear at Hal-Con in about an hour, so I'll be back to hear everyone's sets later this weekend.

    Love to all of the 5 on Fridayers, past and present. Thanks for starting this up, Travis -- it's brought me weekly joy for four years.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Bingo! I knew them all. thanks for the tunes! GGG

  1. What a great almost send off. Favorite: I just Can't Help Believing. That song always puts me in a great mood. The penultimate parting songs are up on my site.

  1. always like Gordon Lightfoot

  1. what a FANDAMNTASTIC SET,I kown you last set will be a killer set as well.I will be continuing the 5 On Friday sets as well.It has beed quite a ride musically so far.