Love to Mom

Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2007 by Travis Cody in
13

My folks are out of town this weekend, so I don't get to spend the day with Mom. But I always try not to "save up" for just one day. She's my mom 24/7/365, for the last 43 years.

Here's a poem I wrote many years ago when Hallmark wasn't getting it done.


Did you see my mom
On the day of my birth
A life created in pain
Made forever painless by love

Did you watch her
Make a world from nothing
And weave it with selfless devotion
To lessen the fear

Did you hear her
With the voice of logic
Steer and direct a mind of small vision
To achieve its own identity

Did you ever thank her
But how could thanks ever be enough
For someone who asks for none

Love her and be you
Walk your path boldly
Your joys become her reward


Happy Mother's Day y'all!!

13 comments:

  1. Tisha! says:

    Very moving Trav!

    Seems to me that you're a loving son all year round, one day don't mean nuttin' honey :)

    mouah

  1. awwwww, nice trav! and i had CAKE tonight!

    smiles, bee

  1. Wow, that was awesome. I bet she is very proud. :)

    You're so awesome!!!

  1. Sandee says:

    Excellent post Trav! I am sure your mother is very proud of you :)

  1. Very nice indeed.
    Well said.

  1. Unknown says:

    Excellent! Great job, Trav!

  1. Gattina says:

    I came to see your "greens" !

  1. Julie says:

    Good job honey. Did you ever frame this piece and present it to mom?

    *hugs*

  1. Coco says:

    Found myself trying to read the spines of your books, hon. What a beautiful looking collection ... and a wonderful tribute to your mom. She must be very proud of you.

  1. Angell says:

    Trav - wonderful poem buddy. So moving!

    LOVE all the books -think Pam would mind me moving in whilst I read them ALL? He he, I've run out of reading material at my place.

  1. Well done. I'm missing my mom even more now.

  1. Lovely - and oh so true - 'Your joys become her reward'.