A Thousand Times

Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 by Travis Cody in
14

I first posted this in April 2007 after I wrote it. Since I didn't finished another new original piece this week, I thought I would post something from the Wayback Machine for those of you who are newer to my place. I put some pictures with each stanza when I first posted it, so I found some different ones to repeat the effect this time.


A thousand times he walked with her.
A thousand times she smiled.
A thousand times he talked with her,
A thousand times, deep in the night.



A thousand times they did embrace.
A thousand times they danced.
A thousand times he watched her face.
A thousand times, entranced.



A thousand times they stole the hours.
A thousand times, more precious still.
A thousand times, and time devoured.
A thousand times, together until...



A thousand times he held her.
A thousand times she cried.
A thousand times he loved her.
A thousand times, and then he died.



This has been an original poem by Travis Cody, copyright 2007. All pictures are from Google Images.

14 comments:

  1. Jeni says:

    I really do enjoy your poetry, Trav. Post more of it whenever you can.

  1. Akelamalu says:

    A beautiful poem Trav albeit with a sad end. At least they had each other for a time.

  1. Trav - That was so touching and I absolutely loved the images you put in there. Officer Friendly and I danced in the kitchen. He didn't know it, but I counted. We didn't get even close to a thousand . . . What a beautiful piece.

  1. That is so lovely and sad, but I liked it.

  1. I can't write poetry. I always admire people who do. Or rather, people who do it well. You should consider turning this poem into a digital activity, images with a voice over, perhaps.

  1. Bond says:

    You know how much I have always appreciated your ability to put words together.

    I do enjoy the new stuff, but when you bring out the old it really is comforting

  1. Linda says:

    I've no doubt that a thousand times was nowhere near enough.

    Beautiful poem and the pictures went along with it perfectly.

  1. Travis says:

    Jeni: I'm working on it. The words are coming a little easier these days.

    Akelamalu: I guess sometimes that can be enough, but it's hard to convince ourselves of that.

    GGG: I have a seekrit...I count them too.

    Pam: Thanks for dropping by.

    Stewart: That's an interesting suggestion. I'll keep it in mind.

    V: I like to re-visit the older stuff too.

    Linda: I like these pictures better than the images I used last time.

  1. Thank goodness for the WAy Back Machine! Loved this one.

  1. Jamie says:

    That was beautiful even if it did bring back memories and made me cry. Very well done.

  1. I'm sorry about that 21 year old Marine killed by an IED. I think you know my nephew spent 6 months in Iraq as a Marine blowing up IEDs... I wish he had gotten that one, Travis. Your poem is peerfect after reading about the young Marine.

    My Five on Friday is up.

  1. Beautiful beautiful.
    And I love the images too!

  1. Dang, man...I order you to Google images of puppies, IMMEDIATELY!

  1. As always Trav, you're writing is inspirational and breath taking. I tried to look at the images to see my own vision of the poem. Wonderful, just wonderful. I miss my time with all of you and hope you are doing well. ~Diana (hopefuldoctor, chixie)