Welcome to Peace Week, Day 4

Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2011 by Travis Cody in
2



It's the eve of Blog Blast 2011 and I hope you'll join us with a Peace Globe and your thoughts about Peace and what it means to you.  As you know, I've been counting down the days to 4 November, first with 100 reasons to blog for Peace, and then with 30 days of Peace quotes.

For this year's Blog Blast, founder Mimi of Mimi Writes has designed a number of excellent new templates.  So as part of my Peace Week celebration leading up to Friday, I decided to update all of my past Peace Globes with the new templates.  I'll reveal them to you over the course of the week, beginning today and culminating on Friday with my 2011 Globe.

I didn't make a new Peace Globe for November 2009.  Rather I took the opportunity on Blog Blast day to reflect on my journey as a Peace Blogger.

Last year I wrote of peace ripples and my observations of an imperfect peace as a worthy goal.  And I wrote A Peace Sonnet.  My Peace Globes in 2010 did not use any of Mimi's templates.  Instead, I made my Peace Globes out of images that touched Pam and I and spoke to our thoughts.

I used Mimi's new templates to update them.

This is Pam's...

And this is mine...


Now I'm committed to the movement.  It is a highlight of my online presence.  I am also an activist in my bricks and mortar world. 

You are hereby formally invited to participate.  Do it!  You know you want to.  All the info you need is at Mimi Writes

I believe that words are powerful, so this matters.


"Diversity need not be divisive."  
I don't know if anyone has been formally credited with saying this, but I say it so I'll call it my quote.


Reason 1:  Because I know that the last five years of involvement with this movement have fundamentally enhanced the person I am and will continue to be.

2 comments:

  1. You have been an amazing Worker Bee this year Sir....